Posts by CupcakeMoma

Thanks ladies for the great advice!
Hello All, Since I starting out with the baking business most of my customers now are friends/family, most of them inviting me to the event they are having as well as doing the cake.   They are nice enough to say I did the cake, should i be passing out my business cards or putting cards by the cake display? they are paying for the cake so I feel its tacky, or should i just give one to those that ask for a card or no cards at all???   I want to build my customers up...
Thanks again Jason for the great advice! :)
Hello fellow bakers/decorators!   Good news if your in California they finally passed the Food Cottage Law and I'm planning on going for it!   I do have a question for those of you that might have more knewlege in this field.   I'm currently renting a house in which I would like to start the cake business in and I just wanted to know, do I need to imform the owners that I'm starting a home business? Does it affect their taxes or anything else in any way? What...
Hi Jason, Thank you for the information. I dont think there would be enough interest in my area to market it, I think it would only be a 1 time deal. I think I will pass since there are very few recipe's I can find online with not many reviews which makes me nervous. Thank you!
Hello All, I'm new to the cake business and trying to get any orders I can to build up my business.   I have a question, I have recently got a request for a Ube cake which is a Filipino type of cake (I've never heard of it until this request, and looked it up online). I usually make white, chocolate, carrot, etc type cakes, so I don’t really know much about this type of cake. I can follow a recipe and make it but what’s your policy when it comes to specialized...
I would charge $462.00 for that cake, I charge $3.00 per serving.
I say I'm a "Custom Cake Decorator/Owner"
My first complaint was also my first wedding cake, I did it for a friend and I was also a guest. It was a 3 tier wedding cake 12"10"8" decorated in white fondant and I painted twigs and made sunflowers out of gumpaste/fondant. The cake was very pretty. I drove 30 miles with this huge cake, and delivered it perfect 2 hour before the wedding was suppose to start. When I arrived they didn’t have the cake table yet so had me put the cake on the kitchen table, then left....
Those are my most popular sizes as well. I just dont have enough storage for 50-100 of each size, although I still would like to have a nice look to them when delivering. Buying boxes and boards at Michaels is getting too pricey. Thanks for the advice!