Posts by tdovewings

Yes, it is one of the first impressions ballerina molds. I just cut the rest of the body off. 
I think you are fairly close to me:   Checkout the upcoming cake shows for 2014 perhaps. I even think there is one in the Tidewater area soon:   cakeshow.org   http://www.greatamericancakeshow.com/   http://cdotcakeshow.org/   I love shopping at cake shows for bigger/heavier/bulkier items because I don't have to pay for shipping. It would be even better if you came with stands to actually sell at the shows. In fact I was looking for some this year at...
  Cat, That is great info! I had no idea. It is a good symbol for that, I'm afraid it is losing the real meaning though. I hope more people know the true roots! It make me feel much better about the craze. I'm seeing it for everything from bachelor parties to baby showers.   Thanks! I had a ball making the rock star themed party sweets, it has been my favorite project thus far. 
I'm  late!       What awesome cakes going on here. I've been off the computer most of the weekend, I've been battling this migrane since Thursday and the computer screen makes it worse.    Cazza, Happy Anniversary! Your cake is amazing, I too thought a picture frame was on top of the cake.    Dark Chocolate, you should be very proud of your cake. It is so cute. The lollipops are the best!    Batterup, you certainly brought back memories. All the wedding...
I agree wholeheartedly
Cat, that is quite a cake! For something like that do you support it the same way you do a tiered cake? I'm amazed at how nice it is, I can't imagine covering something so large in fondant.    Howsweet, what a sweet ballerina cake. The ballerina looks so thin. How do you balance her on the cake?    I've finally had adequate pain killers, a bit of sleep, a margarita, and a good meal in me. I usually take a week off, everyone month but I failed to block off a week...
Oh so tired. It's been a long week, and I'm not feeling to hot. Trying to press through this as much as I can tonight. So far this week I've done 2 cupcake orders, 2 cake orders, and I'm working on two 1/2 sheet cakes tonight. It's pretty much been 1-2 orders per day this week. I just ran out of frosting so I'm debating on whether or not it's time to go to bed and regroup in the morning or pull it together tonight. The one I have left is a Dora and Diego cake, thankfully...
When I first started there was a page that listed most of them. I even bookmarked it. It was http://cakecentral.com/acronyms   not sure if it is a temporary thing that it is not working.    Moderators does this list still exist somewhere?
Corrie76 is the best!    I use to be embrassed to admit I did sheet cake based on the vile reaction to them sometimes on the forum. But people like them because they are easy to cut and transport and it is what they are familiar with. Corrie inspired me to step up my game, because after all if you are going to be in the business you need to be well rounded. My shell borders still need a lot of work.     I will admit it is harder for me to do a sheet cake than a...
Batterup! I love it. I'll take one in black, red, white, and the natural wood you have pictured. Hmmm, mahogany would be nice too.