Posts by tdovewings

Yes, something has changed! It not what it use to be. I've inquired several times and they ask for the lot number to check it out and they always come back with some tips they have posted on their website. They keep saying they haven't changed anything, but I don't believe them. It only does an okay job if I have an old bucket of Satin Ice that has been sitting around for about 6 months. 
Batterup, I love your Halloween cake it is awesome. I must say I love watching how you've grown over the past months with your decorating abilities and how you keep trying and practicing. One day I will have the guts to build a structure to support a 3D cake.    Rosie, your cake is lovely! Nice drop lines!   Here are a few things I worked on this weekend.   A baby shower cake for a dear friend in my mommy's club. The theme was "she's going to pop". Every time someone...
Goodnight everyone! It's been busy, before I go to bed I thought I'd check in.  So far over 300 cupcakes, 4 cakes down and 2 to go. I think the adrenaline has me hyped. This is the first week I've had a baking partner. It's been great, I love having company while baking and decorating. I'll post pictures tomorrow. It's been a mix of things from 1st birthday's, to a kid's gym open house, to baby showers.    Hope your nights go smoothly!
No it isn't. The sugar in it isn't vegan. 
Cat, I'm so glad you were not out of any money.    Nora's mom, what is the fountain made out of, that is so cool!   Batterup, I can't wait to meet you at the show! Are you taking any classes? I take that back, you will probably be manning your table the entire time.  I forgot how soon that show is coming up, I need to think of something to enter.     Here a a couple I cakes I did. The first is for the celebration of the birthdays of three science reporters. It was a...
 Thank you! Yes, he loved the cake and he kept hugging me over and over again, it was the best!  I love Icing Smiles and it a wonderful experience. On the decorating side, it forces you to push yourself but at the same time you have a lot of artistic freedom.  I know with more experience under my belt I'll become a better decorator, it's so hard not to be impatient with all the masterpieces I see here on cake central everyday. 
 Thanks! I brought the patchwork dinosaur cutter set about a year ago, and finally used them for this cake. Patchwork cutters and JEM cutters are my weakness. 
AuntGinn--I love your minion cake!   Batterup, wonderful job!   Here's a couple of pictures of the dinosaur cake I delivered this morning.It is not really a cake either, it's really a yeast bread covered in fondant. It is really hard to cover a cake in fondant that doesn't have any frosting on the outside. I couldn't use frosting because it has too much sugar for the child's dietary restrictions. I did get the okay to use fondant because it could be peeled off the...
Six, I didn't know you made that cake! I saw it earlier this week (pearl cake) and just stared at it for 15 minutes it so beautiful. The ruffles and pearls are just perfect.   A light week for me, a dinosaur themed cake and 4 dozen plain cupcakes. Much needed break as I am re-organizing my cake stuff yet again, and re-launching my website, re-designing my logo, and changing my business structure. Lots of meetings with accountants, lawyers, graphic designers and the...