Posts by arlenej

NICE idea! I'm seeing it now....I'm sure you'll do a lovely job!
As far as I know the sheets WILL absorb the moisture as the cakes thaw and sweat, sorry. But I could be wrong. Anyone else?
I don't know, the one time I needed burgundy I put quite a lot of gel and my flowers had an almost true color. Then I glazed them when they were dry and got a deeper color. I'm guessing you don't have an airbrush? Can you find someone with an airbrush? What about petal dusts? Long shot here, but how about if you mix it with a bit of black? Can you change the color scheme?
Youtube it. If there isn't an exact topper, there'll be something you can use to give you an idea of how to go about doing it. Aine2 and Mayen had some good tutorials on.Take a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZlJYsotGGM&feature=player_detailpage
I'm agreeing with the rest of them. But is it that you want to copy the cake exactly? I try, but I never seem to manage an EXACT duplicate of anything. I'd be well on my way and then I'd start to play with the design and ...like I said, never an EXACT duplicate . What I'm saying is go! play! have fun with it!
So is it the Bakels brand that you've got? If so, run out and buy something else if you want that flower to be done on time. Is it a peony or anything like that? With a big flower it helps if the petals are all wired separately, dried, then taped together. Having a big ole flower ready assembled and waiting to dry will take just short of forever...which is a bit longer than Friday.
What she said...
I'd charge A LOT more!
You could be right. Or gelatin bubbles maybe?
I'd baked a sugar cookie to size, cut it to shape whilst still warm, then covered it in fondant and stuck it on when it dried. You can use gumpaste but then who'll eat it?