Posts by arlenej

Coming in late on the spider thing. In fact this isn't about the spider, it's about your 5. Is it that you held it up with a toothpick? If so, that won't work (as you noticed) I use 2 skewers. This way there's support through most of the figure AND 2 'legs' holding it in position.
I just had a shoe-gasm...THEN I had a cake-gasm. Oh! Um..sorry, I haven't a clue how this was done but your idea seems sound. Try it and see. There's a tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NhuDKQAaHTMthat you can use as a starter and play around with it
Please let me/us know your adding sugar went. I don't know if it's because I'm in the Caribbean, but i find Satin Ice to be SO SOFT ....
I used RKT for the first time just recently. Loved it. Before, I'd just make everything out of g/paste. I'd suggest just squish the RKT as smooth as you can then use your b/cream to give your fondant something smooth to adhere to.
Wow. I mean, like, wow. Did I mention.....WOW.
I have ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to separate eggs right now, but I MUST try this! Thank you for posting!
Roll and cut out your length of ribbon . Dust it, then LIGHTLY roll it up. Mist where you want the ribbon to be on the cake then unroll the ribbon into place.
mike elder did a post on cake structures. do a google search and see how you can improvise.
Seriously, this works. BUT if you're not a MMF purist here's a recipe I found on Youtube that's yummy and not too much trouble: Melt a bag of marshmellows with 3Tbs water in increments in the microwave. Mix in icing sugar (1-2lbs) and 'knead like you've never kneaded before'. I admit, the first time I did it i totally didn't like the feel of it so it languished in my freezer for weeks. Then I decided to use it up to cover a board and was amazed . It tastes good, it rolls...
Try Wilton's 'No Taste Red'. It'll turn pink before it turns red.