Posts by NcLeora

I agree with black fondant, just peel the fondant off when you eat it.  I've made two of these, and I used royal icing and flung it on with a fork.
Exactly!
Good grief, I agree with you. It sounds like she is wanting you to apologize profusely while showing her with mountains of free cakes, and even then I doubt it would satisfy her. Save yourself the time and drama, and don't reply at all.
Aw, they are perfect!  Modeling chocolate?
If it wraps around too much, can't you just scale down the elephant size to suit your round? Super cute cake, btw.
 LOL I have definitely been there, sorry you weren't feeling well.  I agree with the others, no cake pops...Ain't nobody got time for that.
I read on Nigella's website it can be frozen (airtight) for up to 3 months, then to re-use thaw in the fridge overnight, but it should not be refrozen after that.  HTH :)   http://www.nigella.com/kitchen-queries/view/Freezing-Chocolate-Ganache-/2933
I'm with raystreats...I just tried this technique on Saturday and it so did not work for me.  I traced the outline of what I wanted and lightly but firmly pressed my design onto the cake (the top of an 8" round).  Maybe a little line here and there, but nowhere near helpful enough.  Maybe some Crisco first?  I'm not sure, I'm interested to see what the OP has to say about her prep space, as it turned out so lovely!
I agree with AnnieCahill, and I think you did a good job.  Don't feel obligated to take on orders you know are going to be an issue..I bet we've all learned this the hard way.  Chin up, buttercup!  ;)
LOL I thought "who is making pin up cookie cutters" too.