Posts by Wildgirl

I'm sitting here patiently waiting for my craftsy tute to load.... slowly running out of time for this cake... I have my gum paste made, my cutters and molds and even petal dusts ready - just need the instruction. I'm starting to get nervous about running out of time to get them made - and made nicely. How huge is the learning curve? I think I'm going to avoid using wires this time - I saw a gorgeous hydrangea cake that had the individual flowerlets all over the top and...
I'm sitting here patiently waiting for my craftsy tute to load.... slowly running out of time for this cake... I have my gum paste made, my cutters and molds and even petal dusts ready - just need the instruction. I'm starting to get nervous about running out of time to get them made - and made nicely. How huge is the learning curve? I think I'm going to avoid using wires this time - I saw a gorgeous hydrangea cake that had the individual flowerlets all over the top and...
Thanks! I just didn't want to make a huge mistake!
I have both and I haven't actually noticed any difference. I like them both, but I think I do lean towards Magic line - as others have said they make bit crisper corner.
I've covered & refrigerated some and it was fine when I baked it later.
I thought maybe I had read this somewhere - can using black to make a gray bc be a problem? Does the color morph into a purple at all or would it stay true? I'm just talking about a light gray....
Good. It's also mentally easier (not that it really should matter, but it does)- and since my time is a bit limited for getting this together, whatever helps!!
Thank you - that gives me more confidence!
I suppose it will be just as tall as the first cake I did - just the top two tiers each an inch smaller... and it will be on a stand....Thanks for the pic (it looks soooo perfect!!) it helped.
My first (and only other) wedding cake was a 7-9-11. For this cake I was thinking of doing a 5-8-11. That, along with the grooms cake, will give us just exactly the amount of cake we'd need. I was hoping to do just a bit smaller than the first one... it seemed so big and intimidating to me... Here we go again. More questions. The bride doesn't care what I do (as long as it's chocolate). Should I just do the 7-9-11 again so it looks bigger and we have plenty of...