Posts by shrimpsey

So I am making my first ever wedding cake for my friend(EEEEKKK!!) It will be 3 square tiers and I will have merrange flowers cascading up the side and on the top. I want to make the flowers ahead and freeze them? Are they ok to freeze? Second, her colors are silver and navy and I am debating about doing a combo of silver and navy flowers, was going to just dust silver LD for the silver and try and put the navy color in the mixture when I make those flowers, not sure...
Thanks everyone! I will post pics when it is done. I decided to go with graham crumbs mixed with a little fine cane sugar. It will be done tomorrow. I am excited to do this one, its going to be fun!
Hi there, novice question here. My daughter has requested a Dora at the beach cake for her birthday which I am going to make, but I want to use piping gel with the water. I have never used it before, SO, do I just colour the piping gel blue, or do I use blue buttercream and then brush the piping gel over top?? ThanksAlso, for the beach part, what would you reccomend as the best choice for beach, I know there are a lot of different methods of doing it.Thanks so much...
Thanks Everyone!KoryAK ~ Great job, your cakes look awesome!
I have a friend who wants to make a open laptop cake but can't figure out how to put this together so the cake won't break or fall?? Any ideas?Thanks!!
Thanks everyone, the royal icing worked great. Thanks so much!!
Ok, thanks everyone. Can someone give me a great royal icing recipe to use? Also, I don't have any vodka around, could I use a almond or clear vanilla extract for painting. Thanks so much, I never even thought about the royal icing!! I am a newb!! HA!Ok, and it is a buttercream with fondant
Hi everyone, I am making a cake that needs to be done tonight for 7pm. I am having a little problem. I need to do some gold accents on it. I was going to use gumpaste and paint it, but when I was making it last night, I really didn't like how it was turning out, and I know I can do a much better job with it piping, however, it NEEDS to be gold. That brings us to today, my cake is assembled, I am just getting ready to start with the decorating and details. I am going...
I made a minnie cake for my daughters birthday(see my pictures) and I just used a 10 inch round for the face and 2 6inch rounds for the ears, just carved a little off the 6 inch rounds to "fit" the ears to the round face. Covered with buttercream and used fondant for the ears. I traced the face on parchment paper from a photo of minnie and used them as stencils and used fondant(eyes, nose and mouth). For Mickey, just omit the bow on the head and the polka dots on the...
I have made the tres leche cake and used that recipe from the pioneer woman, it was DELICIOUS!! The whipped topping frosting and just put a cherry on top. The only thing I would have changed is using all of the milk mixture, and I would let it sit overnight before eating because the leftovers the next day were even better!! YUM!! A must try, the texture is not mushy, it is hard to describe, but you must try it!!