Posts by JSKConfections

Mine was 27 cupcakes and I believe the board is 14 x 18 or 20...yikes bad memory.  
and tell her the tiers are decorated, then stacked, you don't stack an undecorated cake then decorate it...I would steer clear too...
and it was the correct coffee shop?  I think she's lying to you.  No way you could have missed her. I would ignore her and move on.  If you afraid of her bad mouthing you, well this too shall pass. I don't know what is wrong with people sometimes...just very rude I think.  You don't want to deal with her anyways. Stay strong, it will only sting a minute!!
if you search that in the images you will see that I and others used Yellow fondant to create that long flowing hair.  Good luck!
Holy Moly!!! That is a horrible story!! Some people just don't get it.  If you forgot to order your cake from Walmart you going to call and yell at them?  I think not...
Did you knead the fondant till it was a nice elastic ball?  I do not put mine in the frig...just a very light coating of crisco and wrap in plastic wrap and let it rest on the counter for a few hours or overnight.  Then knead it really well again.  I roll out on corn starch.  I just made a cake yesterday and mine was fine.  Are you using sugar that is cane sugar not beet sugar?  That makes a difference.  I only use C & H which is cane sugar.  Sorry your having such...
Make sure you have a board that big.  I have put 2 - 12 x 18 cakes/doubled with filling together, its a big heavy cake...not sure if you are doing a single layer.  I was able to just crumb coat and fill in good any areas in the seam to make it all look like one cake...then I frosted it and it worked beautifully...if you are doubling the layers be sure your board is really strong.  Good luck!!
I hope you figure this out...these cakes both would be very expensive to make.  Don't cheat yourself...if they think it costs too much, then let them price it out elsewhere...good luck, let us know what happens.    Oh and don't listen to crabby old cakefat!  I see you just joined last night and then you get that bordering rude comment...most folks on this site are very nice and helpful, when I see the brassiness of some, I usually just sit and shake my head.  Yes...
Insane!! I couldn't imagine.  I did a cake and 200 cupcakes and my kitchen was covered!  That was a gift for niece, I would never ever do that again! Her gift was worth a ton more than other people gave, plus It took me a day to make it all and I was up all night! Please let us know the outcome of this! Good luck!!! Oh and I'm Italian too and 400 is a huge wedding in my family!
Thanks Manddi...didn't come across it on here yet!  My gosh this goes to show you need to double check orders! lol...