Posts by JSKConfections

Oops...I guess its your father's friend not uncle!...too early! lol
Don't down play being self taught!  I'm self taught...34 years ago I started when I couldn't afford a 1st birthday cake for my daughter...I found an old fashioned Wilton kit for Raggedy Ann, with plastic tips and really firm plastic piping bags and a heavy foil pan...I practiced on a cookie sheet piping those stars over and over...and wholla!  I read books and just kept practicing over and over before you tube...now you can watch first hand online if there is a technique...
So sorry your husband doesn't support your dreams.  Good luck to you!  Stay strong and save to do it yourself. 
That seems like a day or two past what I would be comfortable with...I would be afraid the filling and such would start to break down and separate.   Maybe someone else has done a cake this long before an event without freezing.  I have done 3 days.  HTH
Wow that is unbelievable!!  I know there are people who pull this stuff.  I can't imagine doing that unless there was truly something wrong with it. 
I was watching Cake Boss the other night and was thinking the same thing! They are not very sanitary at all...they had a spinning cake and it was scraping the cake it sat on...raw plywood...so splinters too?  Never seen gloves on any of them.  They do look sweaty and dirty! lol...
That's wonderful! I usually end up keeping mine in the big box they came in...
You need a support system! don't try it you'll have a diaster!  Why don't you want to use them?
Oh yes I agree, you do need to respond for sure.  Ditto what ddaigle said! lol...
Some looks piped and some looks like molds..beautiful cake!