Posts by JSKConfections

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!  OMG those were horrible!!! How can you cut up a baby and eat it?  That picture will haunt my dreams!
Do the cookies still taste as tender when you leave out baking powder/soda?  Or do they just not puff up as much?  Does the egg still help the dough puff a little?
Beautiful!!
How tall is a tall version?  I believe a 3 inch pan is the tallest they come.  If you try to get any taller you'll have trouble with it baking all the way through.  What is the reasoning for such a tall cake?  Maybe you need to explain the technical part of baking to them?  Some requests just can't be met...
Are you adding the food coloring to the melted marshmallows?  do it before you knead in the ps. 
It's probably because you used a 2 to 1 ratio too...usually chocolate I use is 3 to 1 and white chocolate 4 to 1.  I can't imagine a 2 to 1.  The 3 to 1 gets pretty firm as it is.  I have heated a few TBL of cream and added to already made ganache to loosen it a bit, it still dries nice and use the hot knife to smooth it out.  It does seal the cake really good!! lol...
The recipe states you need to use C & H ps...its real can sugar...the cheap ps is beet sugar and it makes a difference in the fondant, and like someone else mentioned the good kraft marshmallows too.  After you make it be sure to put a light coating of shortening on the outside and wrap in plastic wrap really good and put in a zip lock bag with the air squeezed out and let it sit at least a few hours.  I try to make mine ahead so it can rest, then knead it really good...
How hot was it in India that day?  You said not very humid but was it still really hot outside?  I find ganache under fondant holds up really well...let's see what others say. Not a pleasant thing to go through.
I like Earlene's cake chart.  I always send a copy of the picture of how to cut the cake so whoever is cutting the cake doesn't cut big slabs of cake for people and therefore run out of cake...a 4 inch high piece of cake doesn't need to be real big when it so tall. 
Yes make sure you use Americolor, they are the greatest at achieving the hard dark colors.  I always buy all shades of red to have on hand in case I need to mix a few shades to get what I'm looking for. Good luck!