Posts by CLW

I hadn't decided to sell her cake at 8:30! I gave her time to all she should have done!!!!!! Good grief!!!
I know that you didn't just blame me?!!! I SPOKE with her at 8:30 PM. SPOKE not texting. That was the last contact I had and she said she was sending her address right then.I DID NOT play games with her and I resent you implying that I did. What you don't get is that the ONLY communication I've had with this crazy woman is by phone and the initial consult. I took her order and gave her the benefit of the doubt all along. I didn't change anything. She did. I don't owe her...
Thanks for your input. I am just feeling so bad ( and guilt for some reason) for the young lady on her 16th but certainly not the mother. I knew I could sell the cake if she didn't get it, otherwise I wouldn't have pulled it and began on it. I have a clientele base of businesses that can always use cakes on the weekends. It is a beautiful cake and will be enjoyed. I agree on the backlash I could have received too. Bad checks, badmouthing, etc.,etc. I'm probably going to...
I have a customer who contacted me 3 weeks ago thru a friend of a friend of a friend. She came for a consult on a 3 tier blinded out birthday cake for 75 people and plans were made with pics and everything was finalized except for her downpayment. She said use didn't have a check or cash on her. She gave me nothing except the pic, phone number and her nickname, Dee. So since then she has texted me many times going over details and said she was referring other customers to...
Hi all, I need to carve a sheet cake in the shape of the state of Ga. It needs to serve 80 people. What do you think? Will a one layer full sheet cake serve enough after carving or should I stack it two layers in order to have enough servings? Thanks for your input. P.S. This won't be the only food served.
Ok. So I did my own cakes this past weekend. I'm posting pics. The ribbon wouldn't do exactly as I wanted, so I did away with it and actually liked the look better than with it. I used the SPS system with the CakeSafe. I drilled 2 inch holes in the plates and the masonite board underneath to accommodate the cakesafe. The entire cake except for the top tier traveled safely in the safe for over 5 hours!! When we arrived with it, all I had to do was place the handmade...
I have a customer who wants a cake to represent 3 people and their likes. Metallica, Yuengling and Heineken beers. Simple but with impact. Not much time to prepare for this one.
Thank you all for your support. This is the most worrisome cake I've ever done. Why I chose this one, I don't know LOL
Yeah, I've drilled 2 inch holes in my sps plates. I was thinking I might take it partially assembled in the cakesafe and complete it on site. Now...as it gets closer, I'm getting even more nervous about it and may just assemble when I get there.