Posts by CLW

Oh.and I use the Viva method with the Buttercreme from Sam's on every cake. Crusting time is minimal. 5 minutes and it's ready to Viva.
Hi, I use the Buttercreme icing in the large buckets from Sam's all the time. It's a little over $38 here in Ga. It tastes great and holds colors wonderfully. You don't have to add as much color as you do with the normal buttercream/Crisco recipe and they turn out brighter too. I haven't figured out exactly how much money I'm saving but know I couldn't make this tub for $38. You can use it straight from the bucket or whip it. If I'm not in a hurry, I'll whip it a little...
Ohhhhhh I love both of your ideas!!! I researched some and was just designing it on paper. I was thinking of doing a ship on the water with maybe 3 dogs in the ship with their map but now I'm thinking it may be too childish. They didn't care as to whether it's a sheet cake or a tiered cake.  
Thanks. I did google it and saw all the different dogs but just couldn't get my head wrapped around a design. He wants a map included in the cake. So maybe like you say, green with roads, hills, houses, with a map and dogs. I really need to read the scenarios and game description/purpose too. He's 12 and of course mom asked that I make it AWESOME and DIFFERENT!!! LOL
OK. so today I get a request for a birthday cake in the theme of the Dog Island WII game. Anybody have any ideas?
Hi. I'm doing a roller coaster cake for VBS this year. It's pretty big. 5 sheet cakes stacked with some extra rounds. It's stacked and in the freezer. I plan to pullit out and begin carving tom afternoon. I'll post some pic when I finish.
It is so very easy and I'm sure yours will turn out great also. I forgot to add that my cake was for a young "sexy mama" baby shower. I also placed a little round belly button on the tummy with a bellybutton ring in it and the mommy was wearing a pink and brown lacy negligee. I heard they adored it. Good luck!
I just did a cake like this a couple of weeks ago. It was very easy. For this type of cake,you will have to do the belly in fondant. You won't be able to see the footprint with buttercream. For the footprint, I simply molded a small footprint out of gum paste and let it dry overnight. The next day I positioned the footprint where I wanted it, glued it down with a dab of buttercream, draped my fondant, smoothed as needed then took a small fondant tool and gently pressed...
Thank you. It's nice to hear that I'm not alone in this boat. I too, am a laid back person who does what she says she's going to do. I do not let people down and expect that from everyone else. I guess that was my trusting nature. I say was because as of yesterday, I have decided no more. Pay me when you order or there's no cake. I observed a woman ordering in Walmart yesterday. She had to place her order, take the ticket to the register and pay, then bring the ticket...
Thanks Evoir. I was so upset with this lady and the stress she placed on me. You message helped relieve some of that stress. I had an extremely busy weekend, had had very little rest time/sleep for the two days prior to her call and then she threw me a wrench. I listened to Oprah tonight as she was talking about releasing the stress in your life and turning away negative energy that comes around you. A new sign goes on my door tomorrow morning. It will state, " You are...