Posts by CLW

Thank you! I was going to place the pearls as in the picture and sat down after 13 1/2 hours of working on it to mold the pearls from fondant. I molded about 15 and said to heck with this. LOL> I grabbed my container of white sugar pearls and finished in about 20 minutes. LOL> I assembled at home and placed it in my CakeSafe for transportation. The venue was upstairs in an old downtown Savannah building...........No elevator in the building so it had to be carried up a...
Thank you!!! Stress relief today!!! I'm going to Disney on ice with my granddaughter! Just need to zone out now.
This is the model I used.Thanks K8menphis!
OK Guys! Here it is ....or was. My bride loved it! It was soooooo much work. After baking, it took 14 hours.     
Hi all,  I have a Christmas order for a cake for my county office which will reflect  the act of charity and giving. We are a military town and they want that aspect incorporated somehow too. The only thing I can think to do is a small village of buildings depicting some of the charities in the county. Maybe a Goodwill store, Salvation Army store, United Way office, Lion's Club building, churches, etc. .....but that would be soooo much work and details involved.And I...
Thanks. That's more servings than needed. We only need 200 servings.Maybe instead of 8 inch tiers on top and bottom, I could do 6 inch. And instead of 16" bottom ,maybe 14 inch?
I think I'll do 6, 10, 12 and double barrel 16 all in fondant.
I will post a pic when it's done. I'm excited to do this design. It's so different.Thanks for all of your help everyone and keep on giving advice. Every little bit helps!
I agree with you about fooling with the sizes/ If I add a tier, it's going to change the look. I'm going to talk with her tomorrow and maybe we can do a kitchen cake to supplement. I'm thinking I'm going to do it entirely in fondant due tot he weight of the flowers as lkern777 noted. We're near Savannah, Ga., where it's always warm, and I don't want to risk sliding fondant flowers. I'd rather do a 5 tier than a 4 with kitchen cake as the bride wants a great presentation...
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgrefurl=http://www.pinterest.com/pin/126804545733568335/&tbnid=_Y-QFshC9BtQwM:&docid=DFv5ULEdyFyNSM&h=588&w=431     Bride doesn't care if it's buttercream or fondant. She said whichever is easier for me. Love this kind of bride. Needs to serve 200. Suggestions? Tips?