Posts by DDiva

I am completely open to change, but I don't like the new format. I have very limited time to check out CC and it was convenient to see the latest forum topics on the Home page. I really don't have time to sift thru all the Forum topics, so this probably means I won't visit as often.
I am sorry if you were offended, but it has nothing to do with budget and everything to do with reality.[/quote]Amen, and glory hallelujah!!
I agree!! I've done wedding cakes for 5 people, and for 500. I love all of my customers and treat them well. They are loyal, faithful, and certainly helped me through last year which was unreal by any measure. But the other folks DO exist, and we have to learn to deal with these situations, or we'll be out of business....or possibly lose the love we have for what we do.
Please don't be offended by some of our experiences. They're real. If you do not fall into any of the categories related in this thread, then you are the customer we ALL want!! But as business people we can ill afford to have product taken from us under false pretenses. The profit margin for most cake professionals is very low. Most of us do this because we love it, but we can't afford to use our time and ingredients in good faith, and have that exploited. I, along...
QT-this wasn't an isolated occurence. I was so outraged that I called some of the other area bakers to see if they had encountered this, and they had!! It became quite the thing to do, at least in our area, for about the last two years!! I did a small wedding show last year and almost 2/3rd's of the folks that visited our booth and signed contact slips (as a contest entry) WEREN'T even getting married!!!! More than one person actually wrote on the slip that they come to...
I am happy to say that I have completely eliminated tastings from my life!!! On the Second Saturday of each month we have an event called Cupcake Saturday. It is a promotion that we started last year when we moved to another city after the tornado destroyed my business.It has become quite the event!! I usually have 8-10 different flavors, and we sell them for only $1 each. I now suggest to potential wedding customers (and others as well) that they come to this event...
A week on a cruise ship with some regularly bringing me drinks with little umbrellas in them -lol!!!
I forgot: if you have a Big Lots in your area they have the gel mats for $18. And yes, it's the same mat that is sold at BB&B ( I checked).
Crocs wearer for over 6 years and my back and feet love me for it!! I've bought almost every professional chef and nurses shoe over the years. Some work, but the shoe itself is heavy. Crocs weigh less than 3 ounces per shoe!! There are many versions of Crocs, so choose the one that works best for you. I buy two pair that I switch back and forth every week. And buy new ones as soon as you start feeling your back and feet again. They are GREAT!!