Posts by DDiva

You should only use airbrush colors in your airbrush. Gel food color has fibers in it that will not only clog your brush, but cause speckling. I use Amerimist by Americolor. You can use pearl dusts, petal dusts, luster dust (no hologram or pixie dusts) diluted with vodka. But gel colors are a no-no.
First, welcome!!Next, what a sweet gesture!I use two airbrush systems: Airmaster by Kopykake is widely used by cake professionals. There is a website. You want the red Airmaster compressor with airbrush. Expect to spend between $200-$250. It is a single action airbrush.I personally love my Grex airbrush and compressor. There is a website, but I purchased my system from Chicago airbrush. Expect to spend around $300.I also have a retail supply shop and sell a very nice...
CK, like most wholesalers, has a minimum order requirement. Theirs is $125, which is MUCH lower than many companies. As with any supply company, sometimes items are out of stock. Many of their items come from overseas and custom/shipping does delay the process. Their other issue is that many of our supplies are created by us, the decorating world. They often have supply issues with small businesses because most are not set up to provide large amounts of their...
Interesting thread....FromScratch: my experience with Google Wallet was awful, I mean awful!! It took over a month to get payments deposited to my checking account. And no, I did nothing wrong; filled out nothing wrong. They did. They set up my account wrong. I was trying to replace using PayPal (which I only use for invoicing) and it was a nightmare. I also don't like not being able to actually talk to a human being. There are no phone numbers for Google Wallet or...
Vgcea , I understand what you're asking for, I think-lol. I teach a business class for cakers. I usually end it with something like this. ...everything that we've spent the last four hours discussing is vital to your success. A business plan, capital, etc.,etc. However, some things aren't covered in a plan. Passion, tenacity, a genuine love of people, a natural desire to keep improving and learning. These are things of the soul and there are going to be days that what...
Wow!! This was fun
Wow!! This was fun
I agree with Leah! You get what you pay for. My Airmaster (the red one from kopykake) was destroyed a couple of years ago. I replaced it with a Grex system and I love it! The brush has a pistol grip which makes it easy to use. Expect to spend about $380-400 for airbrush and compressor. Grex has a website. Best price is at Chicago Airbrush online.
The number refers to the size of the mesh that the sugar is sifted through, not the number of times it was sifted..as most folks think.
I agree with everyone who said no discount. When we discount we're basically telling the customer that we overcharged. SHE invited 350 people. Your price is what you charge to feed them. The end.