Posts by NanaCin

I recently made a cake for my daughters birthday and I used a recipe off of here. It was for the Fool Proof Yellow Cake. It was very dense and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to get a homemade recipe to come out fluffy like a cake mix cake. It tasted good but the texture was not soft.Any help is appreciated.
I am getting ready to ice my cake for the final Fondant class and I have a quick question, do I have to use buttercream on the cake before I finish it with the fondant. Please help with this question.Thanks,
I was wondering how long you can keep buttercream in the fridge before it goes bad. Any help would be appreciated.
I would like to know how to soften my ganache that has been stored in the fridge. Any help welcomed.Thanks,
I guess that is what I did not letting them dry. Thanks for your advice and I will continue to dry them. Thanks,
Can anyone tell me how to remove the Lily I made in class yesterday. I tried to remove and it broke the flower. Any help welcomed.Thanks,
I recently made ganache to fill my cupcakes and was wondering how to store the rest and how long will it keep. Any help welcomed.
Thanks for the website, I just pulled it up and I think I can do this. The description was really good.
Can anyone tell me if they have a good recipe for Swiss Meringue Buttercream and does it need to be refrigerated after you ice your cake.If you do can you post the recipe.Thanks,
We do but, I had already mixed this one up and thought about making it lemon. I really didn't want to go back out to the grocery. I will try the lemon extract in a small amount and see how I like it. Thanks for all the help. If i don't like the taste I will just make yellow cake with the raspberry buttercream. I know they will get eaten. Thanks Again, Have a wonderful day....