Posts by madcobbler

I did this once for a group of kids. I recommend using disposable bags and tips. Covering the tables with disposable tablecloths. Bring  a roll of paper towels and a box of baby wipes to clean their hands.  Kids love using toppings such as sprinkles, candies, mini oreos, chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, etc. on their creations. How about 4" size cakes? Definitely need boxes marked with a marker. Having your icings already tinted and bags prefilled helps. Have way more...
I use lemon extract, lemon juice, and lemon rind in a lemon cake for maximum lemon flavor.
I would reply by saying the cost of ingredients to make a cake have gone up significantly in the past 3 years as well as the hourly rate you pay yourself even if you only pay yourself minimum wage.
I recommend putting labels on your boxed desserts that say keep refrigerated or store at room temperature.
How about crushing up gingersnap cookies. I think that would taste good with the lemon and give you a light brown soil.
Nice looking website. I would suggest adding carrot cake to your cake flavors list. A paypal account is good  to have for collecting payments ahead of time for orders and safer than checks.
I too was the one always asked to make the desserts for family functions for years. Then I got the idea to say I would rather bring the appetizer or veggie tray because as much as I like making desserts I don't always want that burden. I occasionally still make desserts but only when I want to. It's one thing to bring a dessert to a family potluck where everyone is contributing. But events that you are not invited to such as making cupcakes for your mom's work then you...
I love the name you have but I would change my business name as well if in the same situation since there's another business in such close proximity. How about Sweet Creations or Splendid Confections.
How about putting a funny name on the pill bottle such as Perky Pecker Pills and have some little  candy blue pills next to the pill bottle.
Inspiration can come from anywhere. I have been inspired by greeting cards, a party invitation or napkin, wall art, coloring books, an evening gown, a vase of flowers, my garden, etc. I found it helpful to take a floral arrangement class in addition to cake decorating classes. I look at how colors are used together whether it's on a business sign, clothing, a bed spread or wherever and use those as my color pallet for my cakes.