Posts by shikhamj

Sorry to jump in between the post , where can I buy bettercreme pre whipped pail. I'm trying to find , I live in ct , SAMs used to sell them but now they don't . Do you know a place I can get them. Thank you
Thank you so much for your tips and help I will try to do an 8" block as she wants that to be a cake and no dummy I asked her. , 6" will be small and u r right short on servings and I don't want that for her Wish me luck hope I do it right. thank you for helping me out Regards Shikha
Hello friends,   I have an elmo block cake to do for a friend of mine. She wants the cake to be similar to an elmo block cake she saw on google images for 25ppl. I told her that a 7" block would be enough but she wants it to be 8"or 9". How big should a block cake be which can serve 25ppl. Please help me on this..     Thank and Regards, Shikha
Thank you all for your feedback, really appreciate it. When I started it , it wasn't really for money. I just wanted someone to order so I can bake, because I am so passionate about it. And since mostly my cakes are ordered by my friends I never felt I was charging this low  . But now this cake is for a friend's friend, I was hesitant if i should quote appropriately and wasn't sure. So I came here and read all the experience about fellow bakers and was encouraged to seek...
Hello friends, Need some advice on my first wedding cake. I am asked to create a wedding cake (selected by the client from google images) which is similar to the pic I have attached.              I am asked to make for 40ppl , so ill be making 8"6"4" , about 3" high covered with red, cream fondant , decorated with roses I am thinking about 24 roses. I quoted the price $120 for this. I was not sure what to charge as the client who ordered has a tight budget...
Thank you K8memphis for the help and tips.. helped a lot. Luckily my hubby did it for me , and helped me in making a genie.. in the last minute was able to pull it off :)       
Hello friends,   Please can anyone give me some tips on how to make this genie. One of my client asked me to make this for her cake. I was thrilled initially but after giving lots of try I am afraid and feel I wont be able to do this.. I dont want to disappoint her as this is my first big order :(..  I searched online but couldnt find any tips..I am not able to get the right shape...Please please anyone with tips how I can do this genie will be of great...
Thank you ladies for the quick answer n support :) Seriously you guys are great.. I am so much i tension but helps a lot to see friends like you to talk to .. . I hope I get the cake right.. If I get it right, I will post the pics.. I am still looking what I Can do to make this cake, thinking should I replace it with regular butter cream instead of whipped cream icing.. hmmm  And do anyone can help how to make a sheet cake..    thank you
Hi,   I need to make a Tom and Jerry Pineapple sheet cake which servers 30-40 ppl for a friend. She found this pic on the net and wants me to make something similar with whipped cream. After doing some research, I found Rich's butter cream. Has anyone tried it out ??  Can I use a the butter cream transfer on  richs buttercreme ?? I am not sure if this is the best way to do it..or do you recommend to go with regular butter creame icing.. please help me, as the...
Hello Friends,Pls can you help me, I am trying to find out how to make whipcream icing. I have to make a vegan cake and ice it with whipped cream. I tried making a whipped cream using Big Y's heavy cream but all in vain.. It did not fluff , infact it started to leave water ... Please can some one help me with this, the birthday party is this sunday n im still struggling with the cream. which cream should i use and how should i store it, so that when i put on the cake it...