Posts by SanDiegoBeautifulCakes

We thought about buying the software, just to get an idea of what was in it as far as features. But I asked what type of database is uses, and how can I backup the database, or export data from their database. After hearing the answers I was given, we are passing on this software. We will keep using the web based .NET software that uses a true SQL Server database as the back-end that I have developed.   The most important thing about a front-end and database...
Not to sound mean about it, but..... You could throw it away, and chalk this up as a lesson learned about purchasing items that should be made from scratch. We have all done it in the past. Never again will I purchase things like that. I learned my lesson in 1975 or 1976, too long ago really, about this. Never have I ever purchased something like that, we even make our own fondant. And always use the highest quality, organic ingredients.   Beth & Andrew  
I thought that is what a website is for? We do not have an account on Facebook and do not want one. You can find all of those things on our website.   Beth & Andrew  
Totally bogus!!! You can look up the domain name and see exactly where the email was sent from, almost all the way down to the IP address of the box it was sent from.   I would do nothing, do not reply, that will only tell the sender that the email was delivered successfully. And they will send more.   Andrew  
I agree with DeliciousDesserts We use a large piece of PVC. After cleaning all the ink off of it with some pvc cleaner and then alcohol. I have one that is filled with silicone for the weight and a couple of the solid white plastic ones, along with many french style wooden pins. We also have a marble pin that is so nice for pastry dough, because it stays cold, especially even more so once you put it in the freezer for just a couple minutes. We also have an array of...
We use the Ateco 12" and 18" cast iron base turntables. It is difficult to find the 18" size. But buy all you can when you do.   Andrew
I like the response from Jason. Very nice, pleasant and professional, and puts your name in their mind as being such. I would think they will be contacting you in the future.   Always be pleasant, nice and professional no matter what.   Andrew  
HI Wendy Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I was in flight most of the day yesterday.   So sorry for causing such stress. I did not mean too.   I will try to explain things about domain names. There is only one place in the world that actually registers a domain name. The others are hosts. Internic, or what is now Network Solutions is a government affiliated international domain registrar.   Places like GoDaddy and all the other go thru Network...
Hi Wendy We have two locations, and soon to be another one in Charleston SC, we hope. We love that city.   I am in the process of changing our domain name as well. Our original domain name was SanDiego-AllOccasionCakes.com But now, since we have another location, that domain name was not working. And I was not about to try and admin two or three different domains with the exact same content. So, by changing the domain name, I can now take advantage of sub-domains...
I would like to give you some suggestions about your domain name and using a free email account. You have a domain name, use that. Get ride of the gmail links on your page. Create yourself an email account under your domain name. Looks much more professional. That is one rule that I have when dealing with people online. If they do not take enough pride in their website and domain, then the service, product they are selling, is not of high quality. You can forward email...