Posts by MELROSE315

I too have suffered with all variations of bulge. I switched to covering cakes with modeling chocolate and never looked back. It's not for every cake, and it's expensive, but I know how it's going to turn out every time . Just an option.
Thanks ! I don't know why I convinced myself that this was buttercream... Maybe it was the color. Well that will definately make my task easier! Thanks for the support.
I am trying to attempt a few aspects of this horse cake. Originally from splendor cakes. Ok question one. I am assuming from this picture that this is buttercream with fondant horses Two. Is it safe to say if I let this cake crust and refrigerate I should be able paint the grass without a mess? Three. I have used fondant cutouts on buttercream before and had problems with them sliding and falling when the cake is room temperature. Obviously it is possible with this...
I made the head and tail from fondant.. Let me know if this is what you were looking for
These are all wonderful! Thank you... You are very creative!
Whipped ganache .. Super easy and most people are happy with chocolate
Hello all. I have made 2 cakes for my best friends 40th birthday. The party is in a lounge type atmosphere and I have loosely themed the party with neat chalkboard decorations... Ok to the cake part... I have these adorable little chalkboard easels that I wanted to place next to each cake with a entertaining name for each cake. The first one is a very chocolate ganache cake ... And the other is a butter yellow with vanilla buttercream. I don't want to "steal" anyone's...
Hello. I am wanting to make fake cotton candy look like the trees ... I am making a lorax cake for my son. I know that real cotton candy just won't hold up all day. Anyone out there tried something like this?
I would use a heating core instead of a nail...spray the core really well with cooking spray inside and out then just pop out and place back in the cake. Might have to Trim to fit . I use this with all my square cakes. I have had the same problem without the core. Hope this helps
woos that's cool.. If I had to guess I bet it was airbrushed with blue pearlized americolor. And bits of royal icing