Posts by MaurorLess67

Yes, depending on the humidty, weather, etc- I have had to add more liquid at times-- key thing is- make sure you use the hi-ratio shortening, the creamer is HOT- and that you scrape down sides- I beat the butter and shortening to cream it well before adding all the other ingredients- don't be afraid to try again- it is SO worth it once you get it down pat! When you add the extra liquid do so sparingly- a VERY lttle at a time- at that point in the process- a little goes...
Thanks for the advice- I will defrost, fill and wrap tonight- ganache and start decorating tomorrow night- It takes me FOREVER to finish any cake I do- (ugh!!)-- I will be trying some new techniques I learned from Marinia Sousa's Fondant course through Craftsy-- which was fabulous by the way!!!!-- I bought it on sale for 20.00!!! Worth every penny!!!-- I missed the sale for all the other classes- anxiously awaiting the next one- as well as Sharon's-- I missed her sale...
Hi Guys-Thought I would ask the experts- I have frozen layers in freezer- since I'm home today and enjoying the Anerican Revolution series on the History channel- I was thinking it would be a good time to pull the cakes out- defrost and cover in ganache for a party on Saturday--- do you think it is too early in the week for that?Thanks for any info-Mo
I thought exactly the same thing when I watched that episode!!!!
Hi Guys-So I just PM- Fortheloveofcakes- to ask permission to try to replicate her Paris cake for a friend's 50th Bday (we are going to Paris ))- If it is ok with her- I would like to give it a try-Forthelove hand sculpted the house fronts by hand- amazing!!!-- I certainly would struggle with that- I was hoping that anyone would be able to help me locate various molds for house fronts that I could try- I don't want to spend a fortune- Any help will be so greatly...
Hi FC-Here is my opinion- but you know what they say about opinions- haCutting a four inch from a 6 inch would not be my choice- getting even/styright cuts is not all that easy- also icing all the raw sides will be a challenge- but... like I said- that is just my opinion.Timeline- this depends on a few things- are your fillings-frosting perishable?-- If it is a buttercream it is fine if not put in fridge for a day or so (just put it in its box and keep in a cool place--...
Hi FC-Here is my opinion- but you know what they say about opinions- haCutting a four inch from a 6 inch would not be my choice- getting even/styright cuts is not all that easy- also icing all the raw sides will be a challenge- but... like I said- that is just my opinion.Timeline- this depends on a few things- are your fillings-frosting perishable?-- If it is a buttercream it is fine if not put in fridge for a day or so (just put it in its box and keep in a cool place--...
You guys are the BEST!!!!! I wasn't even sure what I was looking for- now I know what I should be looking at- I will pull ideas/colors and theme from all the ideas, pics and suggestions- I can not thank you all so much- I can now get a full night of sleep!!!Lucky- your cake came out GREAT- really great!! that eiffel tower is amazing!!!:Thank you again-- I will start posting pics of some of my cakes- I just feel so self-conscience about them-ugh-- I'll get the nerve up...
Still looking for ANY, really ANY suggestions- color, theme. style, decorations, etc?-- I'm starting to get anxious that I have not been able to put something together for this one- I just cannot wrap my brain around a French/Paris theme?? I guess I'm not really sure what that is-- Thank you in advance for any guidance- it will be much appreciated-Mo