Posts by MariaLovesCakes

Very nice, georgiacakelady!! The black came out very smooth.  You said that you had to use powdered sugar, right?  Lots of? of just some?
Oh, welcome!! Too add a picture, just click on the icon above this text box that shows a little mountain scenery.  It will ask you to upload a pic from your pc or using URL from your website.  :)
This picture  is the one my friend sent me after she colored her fondant. You can see all the "pores" in the fondant.  I told her to add more powder sugar but she was frantic so I don't think she listed to me!    Thank you for the feed back ladies! Please keep it coming.   I bought a small box with a 50% off coupon from Joann's and am going to "play" with it as soon as I can.  I was able to get some of the "old" fondant at SuperWalmart and bought the big box to keep...
Awesome!! I can't wait to try it myself.  I need to use strong colors like reds to see how it works too.  IT didn't work well for my friend.
Really?  Awesome.  Can I ask:  Did you color it?  My friend used it yesterday and totally hated it.  She said it was way too soft and it was developing wholes.  I will post a pic of what she sent me.  I wanted to try it for myself though and how it takes color. She said that the new Wilton fondant didn't take color as well as the older fondant, which was more vibrant.  I wonder if it was because she used so much red coloring and maybe needed to add some powdered sugar to...
That would be fantastic! Please let us know how works.  I will be experimenting with it hopefully next week. I need to make a cake for my daughter.   Thank you for your feedback.
I've used Wilton Fondant on my cakes before (not do too many) but I love to work with it. Granted, its not the best tasting, but it has never failed when I have worked with it.  
Hello, everyone!! Wilton has a new fondant out, supposedly better tasting and softer. As anyone tried it? How does it fare?  I don't like much Wilton's fondant taste but I did love working with it when covering a cake.   Has anyone tried the new Wilton fondant?  How does it fare?   Thanks!   PS:  My friend has tried Satin Ice and doesn't like it because it cracks after it dries.  That has been her experience with it.
Wilton tiene ahora un nuevo fondant. Alguien lo ha tratado?  Supuestamente sabe mejor y es un poco mas suave en consistencia.   Opiniones?   Gracias.   Maria
Hola!  No hago muchos cakes pero este fue uno de los ultimos que hize.  El el 2do cake de bodas que hago.   Pasta laminada de Wilton, pintado con el color de Wilton Ivory.  Cake es Ponque Puertorriqueño, sin relleno.  Flores son artificiales que la novia compró y lucesitas que se le pusieron entre los tiers.Oh, la novia tambien pidió cupcakes para los niños.   Ella tambien compró el cake topper.  Puse dos fotos para que se pudieran ver las lucesitas mejor.  En el...