Posts by merry

Here's Nick's web site;[url]http://www.nickolaslodge.commerry
My cakes are wrapped well and left in the refrigerator so their good and cold before I start sculpting........and use a serrated knife. If the cake has been frozen let it thaw in the refrigerator over night.merry
It varies from state to state, but you need to get information from your town or county where you live to open a legal kitchen/store for baking. Sometimes you need a separate kitchen in your home, pass a sanitation course, get tax ID number and the list goes on. Once you get your tax id# you can purchase products at wholesale price and bulk..........and be prepared to work 24/7. merry
I prefer to use Nick Lodges gumpaste recipe. He has the recipe posted on his web site. What I like about making gumpaste from scratch is that once it's made you can divide the recipe in half and freeze the other half for a later use. Also, in his recipe the gumpaste stays nice and white. Wrap the gumpaste in a lightly greased plastic wrap and then place in another plastic bag......make sure there are no air pockets.merry
What an adorable beach cake........I just love it! Thank you for posting the photo.merry
What an adorable beach cake........I just love it! Thank you for posting the photo.merry
I have been ordering from Beryls for at least 9 yrs. and always received excellent friendly service.