Posts by merry

Maybe give Sweet Wise a call and let them know you are having this problem.
I own a 2 speed Air Master airbrush by Kopy Kake and add additional feature of a foot petal.....I love it! I purchased my airbrush from Beryls about 8 yrs ago and it's still humming along beautifully. You can use the airbrush for coloring fondant cakes, buttercream cakes, gumpaste flowers, and other gumpaste decorations cake. Learning how to use the airbrush, practice with a children's coloring books for a bit, so you feel comfortable using it.
Ok..hope this might help you. When I had to make fondant a deep blue; Knead in some royal blue gel paste into fondant and airbrush with a darker blue ~ navy. I assume you are outling in royal icing; Tint royal icing in royal blue and do your piping. After the royal icing has dried; mix navy gel paste with lemon extract, vodka or everclear and paint with an artist brush over dried piping carefully. [/b][/u]
I believe Buddy said it was a secret recipe.
Here is one from Colette's book "Cakes to Dream On".1 1/2 cups egg whites, at room temperature3 cups sugar3 pounds unsalted butter, at room temperature1 Tablespoon vanilla extract or other flavoringIn a large bowl, combine the egg whites and the sugar and whisk until well blended. Set the bowl on top of a double boiler and stir constantly with a whisk until the mixture is hot to the touch.Transfer to a large mixing bowl and beat on high with the whip attachment until the...
I use a 5 qt. KA Professional Mixer since 1994...it's a been a wonderful work horse; cakes, fondant, gum paste, bread, etc. KA also makes a 6 qt. mixer. Costco has very good prices on these mixers.HTH
I just found the phone # for Ambassador Fine Foods in NJ: HTH1-800-272-8694
You might try Ambassador Foods. Sorry but I don't have their number, but you might try a Google search. The company moved from Clifton, NJ warehouse recently. Good Luck
Hands down for me it was the "old Wilton Fondant". The smell of it would make me sick to my stomach and the taste.......well better left unsaid.
It's easier to just go buy the Wilton Black icing in the tube it works great.