Posts by argylealice

Hello everyone hope you are all well I have not posted anything for a while. Chezza hope your operation goes well.  been christmas shopping today and in john lewis they are selling giant gingerbread men for £5 each so I have ordered wiltons giant gingerbread man tin to have a go at making them myself. Think they will make great gifts for my grown up kids.
Morning everyone thankyou for the welcome yesterday I have followed this post for a while but never joined in.  crazy-gray I love your castle cake and petitecat your car cake is brill too the roads around you must be like ours. i am a homebaker  and make cakes mainly for family and friends although I do bake everyday as I work in a busy school kitchen catering for a thousand kids a day. 
Hi Smysha   I buy my fondant from cake-stuff.com and you can get a sample pack from them that contains 7 different sugarpastes and marzipans for you to try. The pack cost just £1 not sure about postage though as I usually buy in bulk and orders over £75 are free postage. 
hi try TK Max they have a good selection of cake tins and some decorating tools and cutters. Also home bargins have some brilliant deals on wilton stuff at the moment,called in yesterday and could not believe how cheap they were, the wilton ribbon cutter was only £1.99. For online sales try cake-stuff.com they have a good selection of tools and edibles its the cheapest place I have found to by fondant and postage is free if you spend £75.   
Hi I use renshaws decor ice  coverpaste purchased from www.cake-stuff.com the cheapest place I have found. postage is free if you spend £70   good luck  and have fun caking
home bargins are 79p for a box to hold 12 a great bargain and decent quality too.
hi if you have a home bargains store near you they sell cheap cupcake boxes in sixes and twelves. also try cake-stuff.com or ebay 
Hi i use a 6 eggs and 12oz of everything else to fill my giant cupcake pan hope this helps
hi i always cover my cakes with fondant before placing on the fondant covered board.i also cover the board in fondant and cut the cake board shape out of it where i want the cake to be on the board.so that when you put the cake on the fondant covered board the board that the cake is on lies flush with the fondant covering the board.hope this makes sense.  
you could make the head out of rice crispie treats they are lighter than cake although it would still need supports.