Posts by Lynne3

First off, I really love your cake.  The details are fun and interesting.  The cat tails and rocks and other additions are spot on. For your figurine legs, mix the fondant with a little Wilton Gumtex.  It makes it stronger and faster to set so there is less stretching time. As for theface.  Use the rule that the eyes are in the center of the face.  You placed them up a bit which makes the character less inviting.  Also, big eyes add a lot of punch to a figurine....
yes.  Cut a circle parchment the same size as the bottom of your pan.  Also remember to spray the sides of your pan.  never fails
Pastillage dries very hard.  But the down side to using it, is that it also dries very quickly.  Because of that, I do not use it for figurine faces. Your other edible options are rolled fondant (sugar paste), or gum paste (flower paste) , or modeling chocolate.   If you can use non edible then go with polymer clay.  It stays pliable until you bake it.   Choose your sculpting medium based on your skill level. Fondant and gum paste harden much quicker then modeling...
I would be safe before I was creative.  probably a small scale eeyore toy placed in a large chocolate frosted cupcake with a green bottom. It's not great, but it's safe and smashable.   Something like this
I don't think facebook and websites are enough.  Your market is local people.   Is there a local church paper, town newspaper, place to leave flyers.  I would do that right away. Also, please tale my criticism with a good heart.  You are not doing your cakes any justice by taking photos with cluttered backgrounds.   You have to appeal to people's needed focus which is your cakes.  For example:     Get your photos made with a focus on your cakes, make up a flyer,...
These are NOT my cake. They belong to other CC members.  Just change the blue  to green on boys clothes and/or the pearl trim.  They are both really nice    
You said this was a bridal shower cake.  I know people assume they are fast and can be ordered closer to the date then wedding cake.   Since she's a church member, you can't treat it like a stranger.  In light of that I would probably call her to assure her that you care about her event and happiness and want to let her know that you didn't receive any photos.  Decide ahead if you are willing to go to her, or have her stop by.  Seems like the only way since she is...
Don't chase her.  But at the same time, she may be electronically challenged.   Perhaps she can put the picture in your mailbox or put a stamp on it and send it.     You are being overly nice, and if she gets it to you before you are booked, I'm sure you will accommodate her.   The ball is in her court.  At this rate she could send it by mail or wait until church again to give it to you.
A few suggestions The dowel you are using is much too large.  Use the kind that is cheap, used for shish kebab on the grill.  Amazon sells them in many lengths.  I get the 6"   You are correct to cut 2 of the same letter or number.  Let them dry for quite a while.  The skewer will go between them, not into them.  Once they are dry, you can use chocolate melts or royal icing to secure them to the skewer. If you want one solid number or letter, then make it much thicker....
I think you should provide more info Fondant/buttercream/ganache - what frosting are you using.   Big Party or house celebration.   What look do you want.  CHocolate goes with almost anything