Posts by ApplegumPam

What about meeeeeeeeee?    I can do all of the above!!    :P
For me - it is simply not that big a deal - wedding cakes/celebration cakes here in Australia rarely use cream cheese filling/icing anyway - it is just a few new decoraters that read things on International sites and think.... oh might give that a go!   not for one minute thinking to check local regulations. It isn't work risking losing a licence over -   science or no science  -   it is about 'thumbing your nose' at the Food Regulators that give you the permit to conduct...
You would need to check your local regulations Faradaye  -  you can't just decide whether or not something is acceptable by THINKING you have it all covered.If something is in the slightest bit of a 'grey area' you should ring your local authorities and seek clarification and get it in writing.The trouble I see here is.... and not targeting anybody specifically .... is that you can come on and say ... it should be alright - or ... our Foodsafe course says it is OK  - ...
Whilst I agree in principle - for those in Australia - it is more about complying with Food Standards Australia legislation than whether or not it will spoil.The rules for what are deemed High Risk Foods (and they provide a list of those, 1 of which is cream cheese)  are very strict protocols  - not to be ignored.Although it would appear (if I am to go by the chat on a couple of Aussie forums)  that people just choose to ignore what they are SUPPOSED to do - and just do...
If you only want to serve 150 ..... you don't need THIS cake !!
It really depends on WHAT sort of piping you want to do - thicker stuff designed for buttercream, choice of tips not so important. BUT if you intend on doing fine detailed royal work.... BUY the very best you can afford.... Bekenal (if you can get them!) 1st choice,  PME 2nd. This is one of the few areas where a tradesman CAN blame his tools,  the seam in a lot of cheaper tips will cause the icing stream to spiral - as will a damaged tip (and MANY of the cheaper 'brands'...
Actually..... GoOgle  works so much better than Goggle.....   maybe that is the problem people have OH... and YES I know that was snarky! Go on ... stone me!!   I am the resilient generation ....   AND proud of it !! 
Chop your fruit to nearly the same size.  Raisins in 3.  Push the mixture firmly into the tin.  You can knock the tin on the bench a few times to help settle any 'pockets'. As for the top, a wet hand smoothed over the surface before baking helps to get a nice smooth top.  
Don't blame the product when it is more than likely 'operator error'
Its a great book - the instructions are clear, and a lot of step pictures. The purpose of any book.... in MY opinion - is to give the decorater the necessary information to allow them to 'replicate' what you are teaching.   Of course, 10 people make the one figurine - you MAY be able to tell the difference between the ones that have worked with gumpaste before..... or NOT  :)