Posts by me_me1

For a night sky I would probably do a midnight blue (I think Americolor do a navy blue and royal blue - maybe mix them up til you get the shade you want) and then either handpaint on some silver twinkly stars or do a very light smattering spray of silver lustre spray over the top.
Hi kakeladi - I just checked my metallic silver PME lustre spray and it says it is edible food colouring to decorate and colour chooclate, sugar, cakes, biscuits, pralines etc....I don't have the gold PME lustre spray to hand but would assume it is the same (checked the pearl, pink and glaze I have and they are the same). Is the PME spray different in the US? Are the UK ones different?I also have Rainbow Dust's gold metallic food paint which is 100% edible. It is even...
Another method I've seen (although I haven't used myself yet) is to roll a long sausage of fondant and glue that to the side of your cake in a line where you want your flowers to go. You can then stick your flowers into the fondant sausage without anything going into your actual cake.
If it's piped RI or something then you can pipe in a yellowy colour and then paint over it with gold once it's dry.If it's a large area you need to cover then you can buy PME gold lustre spray or Wilton gold spray (I prefer PME) which makes covering large areas easier. Again, if you start with a yellowy coloured fondant it looks good.Gold buttercream - I have no idea. I have only ever managed to get a golden yellow buttercream. No clue if you can produce a metallic gold...
I transported gumpaste flowers in cake boxes. I lined each box with loads of paper towel, kind of lightly scrunched up, to provide a soft but supportive base for the flowers and laid them on that. I didn't layer up the flowers, just one layer per box. I made a load of spare flowers just in case but didn't end up needing them. Hope that helps a bit!
Yes, you should do. It can just take quite a bit of colouring to get the colour you're after. I think there are a few different brands that other people recommend but I just can't remember the names of them at the moment. I'm a huge fan of natural dried fruit colourings for a lot of things but you wouldn't be able to achieve a full on bright red or yellow with those, they are better for pastel shades, but I really like the flavour they give.
I think this depends on how much colouring you put in and also what brand you use. Americolor colouring gives quite vibrant results.
I think the silver foil liners would be much more suitable than the plain white ones - just gives a little hint of shiny shiny For decoration of the top carrot cake tier, you could cover it with sparkling white sanding sugar which would catch the light nicely. With a diamante brooch or something with Swarovski crystals? Or edible diamonds. Is there enough room between tiers to fix some sort of crystal beading border to the cake stand - that can look quite pretty...
You can get a glaze spray that PME does that gives everything a really nice shiny look. The pearl spray may make your hot pink a little muted and your black accents more grey... depending on how much you use I guess. I would go with the glaze spray.
I quite like the PME metallic lustre sprays for doing large areas. I find on the larger areas it helps me get a more even look.