Posts by kuticakesncookies

Hi. I've been asked to make 5000 cookies for an event that's coming up in two months...and yes, I have to get going on this! I've never made that many before and was wondering how you figure out if a recipe can be quadrupled or not. I have a great recipe for sugar cookies I use all the time but am not sure if it can be more than doubled. Anyone know how to determine if recipes are able to be multiplied by many times?
Thanks for your advice Chellescakes.....I was afraid someone was going to say that. I live in a small town where it's impossible to get tylose or Gum-Tex or tragacanth. I have friends from the city who are hunting those things down for me, but in the meanwhile, we have to get this cake done in the next 2 days. I suppose I could insert wire into the fondant?
My daughter and I are working on an antique car cake and need to make flared wheel wells and a running board. The length will be about 15 inches. I only have fondant to work with and am worried it won't harden up enough, I don't want it to sag. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much for all your advice.
Hi, this is my first time posting, so I'm not sure if I should be asking this question here, I hope so. I recently bought some Wilton fondant but it doesn't taste that great, and I have to use it due to time constraints. Does anyone know if it's possible to add for example almond or vanilla extract to it or will it change its characteristics too much? If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear from you. Thank you.