Posts by Rexy

Wow, it's been years since I've posted anything on here, but must admit I'm stumped. Most of my cakes are two layers or roughly 4" high. I've had a request for a cake that needs to be 6" tall. I typically charge $3.50 a slice, how do I charge for three? Thanks in advance!
I have only silver cake stands. My bride wants something gold. We've talked about covering with fabric but I'm open to suggestions to get an ivory or warm color to go with fall colors. Any ideas? We need to have the height that the stand would provide.Thanks!
I also use the Hershey's recipe on the cocoa can. To avoid the sticking issue, just be sure to cool on a rack rather than in the pan. I also use it for my "Death by Chocolate" cake, filled with whipped ganache, covered in chocolate buttercream and THEN chocolate curls!
Keep in mind, if you need to paint on the sides, it's easier to start with the "paint" too thick and thin it as needed. If it is too thin it will run and may ruin your design. Also, if the consistency is pretty thin, it will give you a water color look, which is great when you're doing leaves or petals.
Fortunately, I don't have to do any decorating, the cookies are chocolate chip and cupcakes are traditionally iced.
I have a coffee shop that's interested in selling my cookies, cupcakes and possibly some other items. How do you price for this?
If it had a curdled look to it, you need to keep whipping, it will come together, just be patient!
I've used brpboxshop.com, I just checked out their site and they have a a lot of different heights as well as square boards! I'm tired of cutting boards up. Customer service is great and I think the prices are fair.
I've used brpboxshop.com, I just checked out their site and they have a a lot of different heights as well as square boards! I'm tired of cutting boards up. Customer service is great and I think the prices are fair.
Anyone out there? I can't believe we lost all the great NC bakers!