Posts by Paperfishies

That's up to you and whether or not you want to make less money or more money.   I use the same serving size for ALL of my cakes.  1X2X4 is actually a pretty generous serving of cake.  I've made some birthday cakes that are more elaborate than some wedding cakes, why should I make less on the birthday cake, if I were to use "party servings"?  :)
Where does everyone get theirs?   I was looking at Stover & Co online...GREAT prices but holy crap, their shipping!   $46 to ship a 50 pound bag of $15 cake flour 0_o
I really like Woodland's bakery SMBC...It's like the perfect mix between american buttercream and SMBC.   I'm in Kentucky, meringue buttercreams aren't popular here in the south.  I very rarely ever get a request for it.  I will tell you what SMBC is good for though, making fillings.  It's great because it's not too sweet but gives you a very nice filling when you add things.
I like Valrhona and Guittard cocoa powder.
When you fill your cake, go in about a 1/2 inch and pipe a very thick dam, then put in the rest of your filling.  Once you put the rest o the cake on top, crumb coat and allow to settle for a few hours.
I don't charge rush fees...I can either complete the order by deadline or I can't.
the Hershey's chocolate frosting gets darker over time.  It's light when you first make it, then gets darker.  You could also use dark cocoa powder.   Oh and I never melt my butter...I just make sure it's very soft.
  I used the Hershey's chocolate frosting recipe for these  
Whipped ganache is delicious.   I also like the chocolate frosting on the hershey's cocoa powder can.  It holds it's shape really well.
The best vanilla cake I've ever made is Lizzo Marek's vanilla cake recipe.  http://artisancakecompany.com/cake-and-buttercream-recipe/