Posts by juliepalangi

I bought Duff's...and returned it the next day.Totally depressed about it too because I had high hopes.But I felt like I was painting with an out-of-control fire hose.  I see Dinkydoodle's stuff and wish I could have that talent! Has anyone taken the Craftsy Airbrushing class? I was trying to read the reviews but the only one they had posted was a 5 star and I wanted to see the real deal. I checked out the instructor's website and wasn't too impressed. She may be great and...
Thank you for all the advice!! I ended up gifting the GF cake to the customer (no way I could have decorated its crumbliness) and making a regular yellow to decorate. She was happy and I was relieved! Next time I will practice bake a week in advance before I agree to something new
I have to make a WWF wrestling ring using a flourless choc cake (never made one before to decorate). The recipes consistently call for a Springform pan which I understand BUT I am thinking that a parchment liner on the bottom of a square pan may make it possible to turn the cake out like normal? Has anyone tried it before? Also, I ganache under fondant so I am figuring two cakes stacked, healthy amount of white choc ganache between them to build up height, then cover in...
My first wedding cake (eek!) and the SPS system looks perfect EXCEPT for one little thing: the bride wants six 6-inch cakes UNDER the bottom 12 inch tier. Cakestackers. com would be perfect but I'm not sure I am ready to plunk down $180 (incl shipping) for that system. I called GSA and the customer service rep could only suggest building some kind of support for under the bottom tier. Has anyone done this before with an already-designed and tested system? My hubs is...
THIS is information I need!! Alana can you please share? I am using a half crisco half butter bc and cant get it to stay firm!!Thanks....Julie
Ok I am coming in on the tail end of this conversation and hopefully my question(s) are appropriate for the the thread! I'm not sure what a BC blowout is so I'm guessing here...I am noticing that a couple of hours after covering a cake in fondant, the sides become bumpy/lumpy. It's like the cake has settled a bit and relaxed and maybe even sunk a little on the sides (I've never weighed down a cake - never even heard of such a thing until reading this thread!). I am using a...
I think it's a wonderful and generous idea. I think I would, depending on your relationship, ask her if she has a special request. Or, even, better, ask the other family members if there is something special she would like.Best of luck.
I wasn't going to bother responding but this post has been bugging me all day. Why the snarky tone with using boxed cake mixes? And claiming to not understand the concept? Am I supposed to feel bad because I use mixes? All it did was annoy me because the question was NOT asking anyone's opinion about mixes, it was to get advice on why the cake wouldn't come out of the pan. You could easily have mentioned the parchment paper and left it at that.
[quote="Chellescakes"]I use silicon baking paper to line all my tins , I think it is the best invention of the last century. Far better than sliced bread. I'm going to to check into that - sounds very interesting. Thanks for the comments.
Does everyone use boxed mixes? I hope so. I use them because they taste good, are easy, cheaper, and pretty dependable. Until tonight that is. I bought Duncan Hines Golden Butter mix because it was on sale. I have been buying Pillsbury Yellow Cake mixes with 100% success so I figured I would be ok buying another brand. NOT. My goal was to get a head start on an 8 inch cake that I have to have done for Sunday. I baked the first 8x2 and couldn't get it out of the pan to save...