Posts by CarlaG

My last little suggestion would be to purchase the Tiered Caker App. It's awesome! You can manipulate tier sizes and colors with the bride right there with you. And it calculates servings for you, too. Now I'm done. 😊 Have fun with it!
Thanks K8memphis. Mine was 6,8,10 & 12. The 6 and 12 were extended a little.
I made this cake, too for a wedding this past June. It was big but easier than I thought it would be. I covered all four tiers in fondant. The blush rosettes matched the bridesmaids dresses but photographed very pink. My suggestion would be to go a shade or two lighter with the blush color since there is so much of it. I used two sizes of circle cutters to make an impression on the top and bottom tiers to serve as a guide for my rosette placement then started the ruffles...
It kinda looks like a Carin Terrier puppy. I Googled resin Carin Terrier sculpture images. This is what I found. Hope that helps.
Thank you for the replies! I had read that the berries aren't as flavorful as they once were because of genetic engineering. They are bigger but the taste isn't there. Strawberries will be in season here in a few more weeks. I'm planning on hitting the u-pick fields and freezing as much as possible. I'm excited to try the cake again without store bought berries. Gonna fill with strawberry SMBC...sounds awesome! Jen, love your recipe...you're a rockstar in my world!
Has anyone tried the strawberry version? I've made it three times with fresh, frozen and organic berries and just can't taste the berries. Are there any tips or suggestions I'm missing? I would really appreciate a little help. Thanks!
Check out the thread 'How do I achieve this gold'. I had asked the same question about coloring buttercream gold. A lot of helpful people answered with great advice. I've decided to try PME gold spray or Americolor airbrush gold to experiment. I hope this helps. Good luck!
Thank you everyone for all the great advice! My bride is a young one who I believe has been inspired by cakes she has seen on Pinterest. I know her budget isn't going to allow for a gold leaf cake even though those are the ones that caught her eye. I was just trying to figure out if a gold cake is even doable for her and safe for her guests since she definitely wants buttercream instead of fondant. I will most likely order the Americolor or PME spray and give it a try....
Jessicakes has a very good and easy to follow tutorial on a little purse cake on her blog. I'm sure you can google to find it.  She's very talented! hth!
Awesome!!! That's exactly what I needed to know. Can't thank you enough for researching!