Posts by Crazy-Gray

ha ha not likely!!!!
I'd recommend you go with a fairly dense recipe, roughly carve the shape then ganache and let firm up. then you can refine the shape with extra ganache/light carving. Next you should maybe chill then cover with modelling choc which is more forgiving than fondant with remodling features. after that you can go for shading and fondant/hand painting details. What's the design? sounds fun unless you're great at portraits I'd avoid making it look like someone specific as...
ah bum I was about to say "mornin' all" but I'm 11 minutes late!! Afternoon all! Hi Sha nice to see you! love your Mini cake- characters are so hard to get right ...I might have to add another pup to the sketch tho- that'll really confuse Maisie hee hee so I found a great tip- you know when you get a wee mark and use a little water to get rid of it but you end up with an annoying shiny bit? well a spray of water from a really fine mister over the whole cake and then...
Totally agree- never buying wilton ones ever again- they don't work with pure alcohol and I'm so impatient I hate waiting for watered down colours to dry lol if a customer wanted me to bring a cake that far they'd be paying more for delivery than the cake was worth!!! At least I have aircon in the new car, that'll keep the cake safe
Beautiful cake Tidds! really really lovely Its going to ashbourne but Mrs Gray hates boats so much we are sailing to scotland on the 1hr boat then driving down, it's usually about 9 hours in total the red was just red SPD with extra xmas red and dk brown to get a lovely burgendy- it was those nasty wilton gells though not sugarflair.... I had covered the board and left it 3 days to dry off before piping too.... wondering of a coat of confectionners glaze would have...
 Sure music is just the same.... there are only so many notes and chords you just swap them about a bit and sub different ones in/out.... how can any new music be original?I do agree with you though..... many recipies are very similar... but slight changes and mixing things in a different order, different speed, ingredients straight out the fridge or not.... all that can make the final cake totally different; if you get a different end result in my opinion that's enough to...
Maisie how could you do that to us!!!!! that's so mean! lol ........do cryptic hints count as telling people??..... (ok ok will stop bending your arm lol) I've taped (ha ha I mean 'recorded') bake off to watch tonight as I had to finish my purple suit cake last night....... but everyone and his dog are talkig about it and its all over the radio pffffffft Anyone have any tips on stopping strong colours bleeding into white piped writing? I piped white on dark red last...
Yeah it's 100% poor handling by them- if you feel you left them with enough information to safely transport the cake then I would offer nothing except sympathy and a polite I told you so... if you feel maybe you could have been clearer that 'you will break your cake if you don't transport it like this' then I would offer a discount on thir next cake/part refund with an: 'I guess I could have given you clearer instruction on transporting the cake, next time please drive...
Maisie you just brought me back some wonderful childhood memories!!! we used to have a window exactly like that and as a naughty 5/6-yr-old I used to run and jump from the top of the stairs, catch the window, climb up and sit there! it used to scare my mum to death and dad would go mad at the footprints on the wallpaper but they couldnt reach me up there to tell me off ha ha ha! such a rascal! I feel like putting it on the market now is like handing over a half done cake!...
 No problem at all just move your dowls so they are directly below and evenly supporting the tier (which means they will be off centre in the tier below)the only thing is it makes it a PITA to carry cos the weight is more on one side.google 'stepped wedding cake' you should see a few examples