Posts by Crazy-Gray

I know what a pain right! silly lady :) I'll put a pic online of a big globe cake done just for heck of it and she'll be so annoyed ha ha! :D   I use menthol crystals from ebay they are utterly amazballs! i put em in water in an old choc fonu thing from a charity shop and leave a candle going under it.... the cat packs his bags as he really doesn't like it poor wee fella! .....but it works!
I can't sell mudcake here in the UK at all, everyone thinks it's underdone it's infuriating, all they want is something 'light and fluffy' but its hard to get a good chocolate favlour into a delicate crumb.... ah well their loss :D I get all the mudcakes to myself! ...I do find people more receptive to white mudcake for some reason..... it doesn't seem to go quite as 'fudgy' when you cut it maybe that's why......
I know it's been aaaages! been a bit down lately with work and I hate whinging but (envisioning the little bird in the buttercup cough syrup advert) 'feeling better now' lol - tell me someone got that and I'm not the only one in the country who cracks up at that advert?!!!     I am disappointed a little but she was a bit of a strange one, I recon she'd been planning to cancel the cake for a while - she was due to carry the deposit over from one cake to the next but she...
Morning all we've just had a big computer update in work and I can finally get onto CC again woo hoo! :)   Well I have had a lovely week! mrs globe cake lady cancelled her cake on me - actually I'm kinda relieved to be honest, yes I really really wanted to make the cake but I was really worried about it's traveling plus she was a strange snotty unappreciative wierdo with her other cake! ....I am gonna give a globe a go some day tho just for the fun of it :)   Then my...
Morning all I just wanted to say hi it feels like ages since I've been here! work's just been so busy Lovig all the Chrimbo trees! Maisie you mirror my tastes totally! baubles and lights! lots of lovely twinkly lights I have decided to scale my caking down a bit in the new year, gonna just go for interesting crazy cakes and wedding cakes, I'll be upping my prices to scare oway all the little cakes... I just miss wee things like sitting with the little lady watching TV...
OP do you mean actual battery powered lights or just decorations that look like lights?
 Can you buy cocoa butters ready made as paints? I bought a big 200g block of food grade pure butter here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-cocoa-butter-food-grade-great-for-food-cosmetics-etc-/271678198583?pt=UK_Sweets_Chocolate&hash=item3f41485337#ht_86wt_1155I then grated it in a food processor and I keep it in a tub, I only use about 2 tsp a time per colour and it has lasted me for ever- I still have half of it left after a year!For your bag Jean I would have the loops...
Hi Sian, I've another nuts day on the farm today with my little calves but I just wanted to give you some tips (can't think of a better word!) on painting with cocoa butter; if you find it sets on you brush very quickly you can add a few drops of veg oil, that helps a lot! add too much and it won't dry after you paint it tho so be careful I make my colours in little glass jars and sit them in a waterbath over a candle, keeps them nice and runny for working with You can...
 Lol I totally missed an oppertunity there!! ha haJo for the little white bit you get a big sausage and roll it into a really fine point, you then hold the sausage with one hand, a sharp knife in the other and touch the point to the moistened eye then cut the little tip off works a treat
it IS the same with royal mail but soooo many sellers say 'uk postage free! (£20 to NI and highland)' it's infuriating