Posts by kitstar

That's a great idea about the off-cuts Applegumpam!!  I wish I'd thought of that, and I'll definitely give your other tips a go for next time too - when I tried it in small pieces the joins were really obvious, so then I double stamped the sheet along longer strips, but I found it really hard to get the edges to join together without the the section I was holding falling around all over the place - and then I messed with it so much that it started to dry out and crack...
I just thought I'd share with anyone else living in Perth that I called 2 lighting companies and they didn't have it in flat sheets but I gave All Acrylics a call -  http://www.allacrylic.com.au/ - and they are able to cut a sheet of prismatic acrylic to whatever size you like.  My advice would be to ask for a rectangular sheet - I didn't know what I was doing so I asked for a 30cm square and it makes it a little complicated for covering larger cakes if you are cutting...
That would never have occurred to me!! Thanks so, so much Applegumpam, you're a lifesaver!! Your tutorial is incredibly helpful too! =D
Hi everyone! I'm a long time lurker, first time poster so please bear with me =) A work colleague has asked if I could produce something similar to the attached picture for her wedding next month (she has been very naughty and left it to the last minute and I'm freaking out as it can take a month or more sometimes for me to order in equipment from the US - I'm in Aus). Would anyone know of what kind of mat/rolling pin would produce that kind of texture? And if it is...