Posts by MissCuteCupcakes

Not really sure what could have happened since you've been using the same recipe for while. First thing that did come to mind was that maybe its the ingredients your using. Did you try a new brand or maybe the brand your using changed its chemical makeup of its ingredient.   Here's a great tip, which might help with the "oil" factor, substitute apple sauce for equal amounts of vegetable oil that you use in your cake recipes. Its healthier, creates a very moist cake, and...
I give deals for cupcakes cakes. I usually do any cupcake cake, which includes 24 cupcakes, for $50 and up...depending on the design. If the customer needs more cupcakes I add on a extra $15 per dozen   So for something similar to what you made I would have charged about $75, which includes the price of the decorations
Never tried this, but it sounds like a great idea. Thanks
I use the WASC recipe for all my cake recipes and cupcakes   Here's the link to the one I use http://www.cakecentral.com/a/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe   I never had a problem using this recipe to make cupcakes. If you try this recipe and it continues, maybe you should try a different brand of cupcake liners
Something I do when I bake cupcakes, when they are completely cooled, I put a sheet of wax paper over them and leave them on the counter to frost later or the next day
I couldnt find a tutorial for a standing minion cake but I did find one for a standing Spongebob cake which would be the same exact concept:   http://paintedacrescakes.blogspot.com/2011/02/building-sponge-bob.html   Instead of a rectangular shaped board, you would use a circle board, depending on what size cake you use. I've made minions with 6" round cakes + half of the Wilton pan and I've made a minion with 8" round cakes and the Wilton soccer pan.   Then stack and...
Here's a similar cake that I made a while back: http://instagram.com/p/YOAg8vPtBi/?modal=true   The giant cupcake cake had a chocolate candy shell and I was also a bit apprehensive about stacking it on top of another cake using a dowel as support in fear that it would crack. But I did it and it worked perfectly.   Just make sure that you put a cake board under the giant cupcake, and I used melted chocolate as the "glue" to adhere the giant cupcake to the board
Thank you everyone for the compliments. I really didnt think the cake looked bad at all. Its just a lesson learned. And will I be wrong to never do a cake for her again? Thats the first thing that came to my mind after I sent her the refund??   Johnson6ofus: I literally busted out laughing after reading your comment lol but I do agree that I will not be so quick to give them a refund, especially not a 50% refund. Unless the cake was wrecked or something. I'll know better...
thecakewitch, I absolutely agree. I think I made that decision to quick and after sleeping on it and waking up I realized that I wont do that a second time around. Its not like the cake fell apart or something   Whats the best thing to do in these situations?
I dropped the cake off to her hotel and her boyfriend came to the car to get it at around 8pm. At 8:15 pm I received a text from her, and here is what she said, verbatim:   "I dont care for the cake...thank you for working with me but I would've bought smaller glowers or paid you to do it larger or just went with a solid color if I knew it would've came out like this. If I look at the picture of what I wanted and what I received it's totally different. Def unhappy with...