Posts by batterupcakery

I just bought one myself. It is good to go once you install your edible ink. You just can't use any other kind of ink in it except for edible. One of the cartridges did leak out a little on me when I was installing the ink cartridge but everything works great! I love it.
Royal blue & a touch of black will make navy. But you do have the blue mouth factor which would be awful for a wedding. I just did cupcakes for a wedding that I did their last name initials on top. Maybe suggest doing plum colored icing with navy blue initial on top. I just piped a fancy letter on top of mine & it looked great but I have also done the cupcakes with a fondant initial laying on top but wouldn't want to do 300 of those. lol!
I use packaging tape on the back of the ribbon then attached it with a little royal icing. Works great!
For some reason, Wilton's recipe doesn't do well with off brand shortening & butter. I have tried Indydebi's BC recipe & didn't like it as well as I do the one I gave you. That recipe also does well with off brand shortening. You don't have to use Criso, most of the time I use an off brand all vegetable shortening. For an off brand, decrease the amount of half & half to 3 tbls. I don't know why but with the off brands, the batch turns out better if I cut back on it. Good...
Did you run a sharpened dowel through the center of the cake?
Icing has bad days for some reason. lol!........Here is the best recipe I've found & smooths down to perfection with Viva paper towels.1 1/2 cups shortening5 tbls. heavy whipping cream4 tbls. half & half1/2 tsp. salt1 tsp. vanilla flavor1 tsp. butter flavor1 (2 LB.) bag powdered sugarBeat your shortening until creamy. Mix the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl & then pour into shortening. (THROW A TOWEL OVER YOUR MIXER & START OUT AT LOW SPEED THEN GRADUALLY INCREASE...
I made one a while back out of Marshmallow Fondant. It was really easy. I inserted wooden dowels to help hold him together. I also used royal icing to keep his arms, hands, ect. in place. Here's a pic...... [http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2026650][/url]
Throw that recipe out & try this one. .........I have tried a ton of icing recipes for my business & this one is THE WINNER! I double it when I make it. It's quick, easy, delicious & comes out perfect. It also smooths down beautifully with Viva paper towels. Good luck! 1 1/2 cups shortening5 TBLS. Heavy Whipping Cream4 TBLS. Half & half1 tsp. vanilla flavor1 tsp. butter flavor1/2 tsp. salt2 lbs. powdered sugarBeat Shortening until creamy. In a bowl, mix the milks, flavors...
Here's the only recipe I use. I have tried several others & LOVE this one. It's quick & simple. It also smooths down perfectly like fondant using Viva paper towels. If you don't need that much icing, just half the recipe. I use so much of it at a time that i always make it like I have below. 3 cups shortening10 tbls. Heavy Whipping Cream6 tbls. Half & Half2 tsp. Vanilla Flavoring2 tsp. Butter Flavoring1/2 tsp. salt4 lbs. powdered sugarCream shortening. Mix liquid...
Thanks for the advice everyone! I am definitely passing on this one, especially since the wedding consultant called me yesterday to ask how much would I charge to make a styrofoam cake with just a small enough portion on the bottom for the bride/groom to feed to each other & that they were going to get a sheetcake to feed the guest. LMBO!.....I told her that it would not be much less than the price I gave them considering you are paying mostly for my decorating time & not...