Posts by sweetmonkeycheese

I have some Fiery Chai tea ( am very new to drinking tea so I pick a new one to try each week) and when I tried the fiery chai all I could think of is how I wanted to add a thing of hot coco mix. I dont even have a can of pumpkin so maybe if I do a spice cake w/ the chocolate I will forgo the pumpkin.   I like the idea of salted carmel, I have never made that, so I'll have to look up some recipes. I am not a huge fan of carmel, but when it is salted I like it much...
Want to do something a little extra w/ the standard Devils's food cake, i have some ideas but could use some more.   top of my list is pumpkin spice,   I dont think my friend would like peanut butter,   what about banana? or what about coconut... is chocolate and coconut weird together, seems like there would have to be something else, not just coconut.. but what?   maybe some coffee, all I have is my son's K cups so i am not sure, I would make a 1/2...
Thanks ladies, I tend to like the 2nd one a bit better too, but then thought well it is more plain. The small cake has taken a while to grow in me, but I started to appreciate some of the things I tried. I tried something new and kinda screwed up the cake and was not sure how to recover, but I did not want to start all over so I just kept going and came out better than how it was midway!!! lolI wanted to do like what I have seen for cupcakes (1st red flag) where you make a...
I did a baby girl shower cake for work and then about a year latter (the other week) we had another baby girl shower, we had left over napkins and such from the one a year ago so we just went w/ that theme again I wanted to do something different ( plus this is the only time I get to do cakes - family and work - so that is when I get to try new things) but I needed it to fit the theme. I am back and forth on which one is "better" as better is subjective and I wondered what...
They are baking now, I am not sure what a 2/3 or a 3/4 looks like - it's easy when you can look at something via the side, but just staring into a filled cupcake liner. ugh... crossing fingers they dont look like a hot mess, they have to look good. I should have filled a few at different heights and picked the one I liked best, but I got all excited and just started filling and baking.
cool, I am not a key lime fan, so I dont know what is good and not good. The idea of using lemon cake though makes me much more excited, but did not know if ppl who like key lime would also like lemon/key lime.
I am looking for a Key Lime recipe and want a more simple, doctor up a box cake mix and I found one on the BC website and it says to use Lemon Cake mix and then Lime Gelatin and Key Lime juice - to me that sounds great! I was thinking just a plain white or vanilla cake.. what do y'all think... will that be too much flavor? I am not making the frosting so I am not 100% what they are paring it with, but we have to make 100 cupcakes and the cuppies will be a few different...
thanks for the insight
I have a old metal pan and for the most part I just bake to share and eat, but I have a friend that is having a DIY back yard wedding so I am making cupcakes for her (if I dont make them she will and she is already doing everything). I know that I often over cook my cupcakes and normally I dont care, but since this is for an important friend to me, I care.I was wondering if the metal pan could be part of the issue, the edges brown yet the middle stays wet mushy, if I wait...
I was thinking they must bake in one then later place inside another. I am going to bake some cuppies for a friend and she bought cute wrappers and I knew the colors would not look so pretty once the cuppie is baked so I want to do the double wrapper - was kinda hoping I could just double up the wrappers at the beginning - less work.