Posts by FromScratchSF

Oh and come to think of it, my stripes were no where near as thick as they were in the photo on the box, so if I were trying to reproduce the stripes like they did, I'd probably use 2 mixes and use them in one pan to get those nice, perfect thick stripes.
Ah, if it's a mix then it probably will come out that color because it's genetically engineered to come out that color (but I still think the pic was PS the heck out if it).  Just look at the entire panel of "ingredients" that go into that tie dye cake on the box!  So yeah, I guess you have no worries there.   I, yes, me, recently bought the zebra Duff mix because it was on sale for $2 at the store, I normally see it for $8+ and I'm a scratch baker so no way would I ever...
Use modeling chocolate, not fondant.
My vote is buttercream separating and leaking out the bottom.  I have only ever had this happen the one time I used ABC.  It was on this cake:       The top tier was wheat free and dairy free cake with ABC made with margarine, organic shortening and vanilla soy coffee creamer for flavoring to thin it out and make it usable.  I basically used the ABC recipes ratios I normally see here on CC but used dairy free subs.   The bottom tier was my regular cake with my...
Looks great!  Can't wait to try it, don't know why I never thought of putting it straight on SMBC.
OK so lets state the obvious - some states, NOT ALL, require licensed home bakers to have all food transported and delivered in a box or a food safe container as part of the cottage law and some cottage laws require your food have a sticker on it stating it was made in a home kitchen - the only way to abide by said law is to deliver your cake in a box with the appropriate sticker... if you are legal then you should already know if this is a requirement or not.  Not trying...
I just realized CC's main website colors are pretty much radiant orchid.
 Inside joke, guys.  AZ and I are cool, she's being funny but only a few of us probably get the joke.  If you get it, awesome, if not, don't take offence at my account, just move on to talking about this stupid color.
I mean come on.  Lame.  At least last year was green.  I know they called it something else but it was freakin green.  But this is a seriously made up color that, uh, we are going to have to figure out somehow...  so, so stupid.  
So I was just catching up on one of my favorite shows, Project Runway, and they had to use Pantone's new "Color of the year for 2014" - "radiant orchid".  OK, this is ridiculous.  What the heck is "radiant orchid" and can someone please call it the color that it actually is because I'm looking at every color wheel I've ever owned and "radiant orchid" isn't on there.  I'm posting this here because I'm sure we'll be seeing all kinds of blog posts and magazine spreads pushing...