Posts by FromScratchSF

The Cake Bible talks about it extensively and is highly recommended.  So does Bakewise.
I have a great recipe that will rock your world...   See my signature line.  Perfect for anyone that wants to learn to scratch bake and has 21 variations, just from one recipe.  I prefer yellow cake myself also.
PS the "made up" statement is regards to me being in the US and grams look totally weird to me.  LOL  I'm sure you have a recipe you got from somewhere.
Hello!  This looks like a made up recipe or something to me, I don't do grams because I am in the US and grams mean nothing to me, However if you are scratch baking you need to follow rules.  Asking how much baking powder goes in a recipe is a question that can never be answered because we don't have your recipe.  I suggest you get some baking books on how to scratch bake and learn at the bare minimum baker's percentages for the cake you are trying to make.   Best of...
Yes it did, it had a hyperlink to cakecentral.com but I seriously doubt that link takes you to us, or if it did you get there by way of virus being loaded on your PC.  Besides the horrible grammar and the fact I got it over 300 times to my in-box because of all the threads I've been on AND to my personal I don't get how people fall for Helen. I mean, Helen, you love may be for us to be for us and you may be my heart love, but I don't swing that way honey.
OK gals, he's banned so he can't defend himself, lets just drop it and move in to blaming who really is jacking up our day, which are the jerks that do this for a living in countries where this type of spamming is legal and profitable.   Look, I don't know much, but I know that it's humanly impossible to hit as many posts as what has happened today and yesterday, so lets be real here, this is a pro and it must have worked so well yesterday - meaning so many people...
Aw, come on the boards have been buzzing.  But you are right, I have no idea and I though my post was actually defending Jason in my way, I don't think he'd write such a weird post and punish ALL of Cake Centtral.  This has a certain African or Island country known for spam attacks written all over it.  So I'm not here to perpetuate any rumors, all I'm saying is my inbox has been BOMBED today and I'm as irritated as you all are and running every virus program I have!
 If it is Jason, as so many have been suspecting, this is showing his true colors because whoever is doing this is trying to give ALL of you viruses and ruin your computers.  I hope it isn't him - we didn't see eye to eye but I didn't think he was this vindictive and frankly THIS big of a jerk.
If I wanted a peanut cake I'd probably just do regular vanilla cake, do a layer of strawberry jam and make honey roasted peanut butter buttercream.  But that's just me.   It's so much easier to alter the flavor of your buttercream and fillings then it is to alter the flavor of your cake.  My blog gives you a LOT of options based on one basic cake formula, but when in doubt just make regular cake but alter the filling to get the same flavor profile.
Thank you!  Yes but ONLY use fresh ground PB.  That stuff in the jar like Jiff has so much sugar it can kill the chemistry of the cake.   Thanks again!