Posts by FromScratchSF

Hi everyone!  Yes, I will have it for purchase very soon.  I'm sorry for delay, and I would appreciate anyone not sharing it if you have it.  The new version is almost done and will be back up next week.  I don't want to get busted for "advertising" here, as links to where it can be purchased were deleted by management, so please make sure you follow me via my Facebook/Etsy store or send a PM. Thank you for supporting small business! Also, nobody has my permission to add...
Oh HI!  I've been away for a while, sorry about that, life in the way and all that.  Just a reminder, upload your photos to the galleries then hyperlink it here, and make sure your comments are on the photo, not here!  Also, start your comments identifying yourself as a member of the cake club.  PRCC or something like that.
Well like I said, I don't think it would have mattered where you posted it, it would have popped up on the home page as a "New Topic" and it would have attracted whomever wanted to answer your question.  I know a lot of us just look at "New Topic" because it's just on the home page.     Like I said though, please post your cake for review in the cake club, it's full of really great people that offer direct advice on your cake and can point out all kinds of details that...
Actually I don't think that most people that answer the forums really pay much attention to where the topic is posted, they just see it as a new topic, just like I did and it was something I felt to answer? I know that long ago when there were a lot more business owners here there was a rule about the business forum as being no hearts and flowers, strictly business, but I don't know if anybody pays attention to any of that anymore. they just answer the question to the best...
Many white cake recipes call for whipping the egg whites separate to make a meringue then folding in at the end and the recipe relies on the air folded into the egg whites to keep the cake fluffy. As @810whitechoc said, the cream of tarter helps strengthen the meringue in the hopes that it will not deflate as soon as you fold it into your cake batter.  Cream of tartar also helps meringue to form if you are using a weak mixer or hand beater, and also adds the additional...
Yes I apologize if I offended, I perceived your question of how good you are to be very open-ended.   How good one is goes far beyond decorating ability.   Have a great day!
Morning!  I just wanted to chime in and say that decorating ability and business ability are 2 completely separate topics.  Running a cake business sounds glamorous but it is extremely hard and requires you to be pulled in many directions - and the first direction if you think you want to do this is to find what legal requirements you need to abide to in your area.  In many areas you can't just make and sell food from your house, you must cook from commercial kitchens or...
The problem is that "cups" is a made up measurement that only us Americans seem to use. it's a measure of volume that doesn't really mean anything. as Rose says, if you buy two "cups" from two different manufacturers, you will get different volumes. isn't that stupid, and absolutely insane? so actually no, I don't have any one chart that I use for everything. there are three measurements that I have committed to memory that seem to work for my recipes. all-purpose flour...
I'm glad that worked out for you!  Professional recipes are generally by weight, pretty much never cups so I'm glad you had better success sifting.  Here's a great You Tube video by the great RLB that shows how you shold be measuring all your flour if your recipe calls for cups:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E3Rw--oHg4&list=PL741A4EB4258D9F17   Good luck!
There are so many places to buy stencils!  It's possible it could be custom or because it was overpiped it could have started out as a base design that was added to - or it could be 2 different designs put together.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there is pretty much never a reason to find this exact design when a bride shows you a photo unless you are a couture house that makes custom molds and stencils based on the lace of the bride's $15,000+ dress.  Pick...