Posts by FromScratchSF

OK lets back up - wedding standard is 4" tall.  Some people make taller or shorter, but standard is 4".  No matter how tall or short your cake is, the Wilton default chart that pretty much every caterer uses to cut is 1" x 2" pieces, and they try and cut them based on the circular cutting chart that has been the standard since, well, forever. I make 5" tall tiers, but I base my servings still on 1"x 2" pieces and I follow standard cutting charts.  I don't go past 5" tall....
I think you are overthinking a bit... For purposes of what I'm doing I open a cake photo, erase all the bits I don't want leaving just a flower or just ruffles, then save to the notebook (obviously this is ap specific). This is not a final sketch, just something I can quickly do at the table to give a general idea of where my head goes when designing a cake. When it comes to sit down and actually make the sketch for reals, I use the tiered caker build as a base then open...
double barrel- add it as an additional tier.
All flowers/details are created in the ap, then saved to the notebook in the ap.
Its called a stage and yes it's legal and common.  I require 1-2 days, no pay.
That's probably it.  I have the free version.  Yes, there are tons of free doodle aps, I just picked that one because it was highly rated.  I had no idea it had a notebook function like that, so as soon as I saw it I was like, yeah!  I'm totally using that.  Again, I don't draw so when I do "sketches" they generally are things I Photoshop together on my PC using existing real images and it's after someone hires me.  This way I can at least do a little something at the...
And it's Free Doodle.
Do a search in the ap store.
Chris did a bang up job, I'm over the moon with it.     Who knew Free Doodle, you know, being free and all, would be useful as a business tool?  I mean, it's really for your kid to draw mustaches and devil horns on family photos while killing time at the doctor's office, but it has that notebook feature that makes it awesome.  I've been slowly opening photos of cakes I've done, erasing out everything except certain details like the flowers, then saving to notebook.  It...
Yeah it's not perfect but it at least gets a better idea then nothing, which is what I was doing before because I can't draw for crap.  So it's well worth the $ for me.  I look way cool now.