Posts by FromScratchSF

I love you all.  So much.  Thank you.  I'm so glad to hear these successes!  Reviews on Etsy would be awesome too.  
Thanks everyone!
It's there, in my signature line.  Thank you!
Love it!!!  Thank you, I have given up on unbleached flour so that's great that you got it to work.  And thank you for posting photos!!!  Nobody ever does that :D   I really appreciate your reviews here, it's helping pay my rent :D  Stay tuned, I'll have a whole host of other things I'm working on that hopefully I'll have polished and up soon as well, including my super coveted wafer flower technique and more recipes.  I'm trying to do video this time around.   So...
I use Dutch process.
Which part?  yeah finding the content is not easy, just keep in mind if you use the amount if water the recipe calls for and it's not enough, just use more water :D
Well, that's not totally true.  I use this:   http://www2.cacao-barry.com/en-US/products/m-9dbv/pate-glacer-ivoire   It has cocoa in it, its non tempering, and its perfect for making modeling chocolate, pouring on a cake or just straight dipping cake pops in.   Yes, it's expensive, but it's well worth it, especially for the flavor.  Comes in regular chocolate too.     Leave it to me to find the exception to the rule :D
Before you throw in the towel about cocoa powders, do a search and take a look at the difference.  There are non-Dutch process that has a higher cocoa alcohol content like Tcho and some of the more expensive ones.  The process really has to do with taste - and I think how moist your cake is on the tongue.  I was in a pinch a few weekends ago and couldn't get a hold of my regular cocoa rouge so I grabbed a 11k bag of Hershey's from the restaurant depot.  I used up the...
Aw shucks!  Thanks!!!   Hey, about the chocolate version, in case you didn't know... I use a high cocoa butter fat cocoa so how much water I say in the e-book works for me, but I have gotten reports that it's not enough water.  So, if you want to try the chocolate version make sure the water is HOT, as in almost boiling, and add enough to make a thick paste, remember the old fashioned glue from kindergarden?  Yeah, that's the consistency you want.  Every cocoa brand is...
Hi!   I appreciate you just wanting to find a recipe - but to answer your question, no, there is no scaled down version that I am offering at a discounted price.   This is why I charge for mine and my reasoning (and I'm not trying to 'sell' it to you, but you asked):  There are a billion recipes out there - and everyone has success or failure with this or that recipe, but the reason people pay for mine is because there are a lot of bad recipes out there, a lot of...