Posts by megg5

i have a buttercream cake with gumpaste roses cascading down the side! My question is what is the best way to attach the roses to the cake, toothpicks, skewers, wires? My fear is that the roses will be so heavy that it will "rip" through the side of the cake they are cascading down! Sorry I have tried to search for the answer on here but it isn't working! Tia!
Thanks so much for the help!
Thank you!! I have looked on a few websites and most were sold out of the size I need or they were sold in bulk! Can I find this white foil at craft stores (michaels)
I want a white cake drum but can only find wiltons cake drums which are silver! So how do I go about making my own!? I was looking at 1/2" think poster board, but wouldn't that show grease ring/ stain around the cake?
No response?! Hmm ok cake gods I'm calling upon you!! (**please!)
I just made a cake with a black dot border(buttercream, using wilton gel color) along white fondant. Right before the customer picked up the cake I noticed a faint pink haze around the border! How do I avoid this in the future? And if it keeps bleeding and the customer calls, is there a way for me to fix this? I did not have this in the fridge and I have ac! Although it is a little humid today! Tia
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what size pan to use for a closed bible cake! I have 2 orders for this weekend! One to feed 20 and the other to feed 25. My first thought was a 9x13 cut in half and stacked! But wouldn't that look too tall? Please help!!
I just got a last minute order for a closed book cake! They need it to feed 20 people, would a 9x13 cake cut in half and stacked be ok? Or would it look awkward?
thanks everyone for the input!! I like the idea of putting their names together!!! Any other suggestions....non-name suggestions? Anything at this point to be able to write down and think it over! THANK YOU!!
Hi!! My name is Megan and i am now in the process of becoming a home based baker! I am looking into bakery names but am having a lot of trouble. I first liked "the cakery" because i just do cakes..But there are so many people with that as a name out there. Then i thought i am italian and love the saying Bella La Vita. So i thought La Bella Bakery..La Bella Cakes...and then found out they were all pretty common!! So help please!!!I wouldnt want to use my name, but i do have...