Posts by bikemom3

Thank you! They were really easy and I used fondant to make the "R"
I made these for my daughters bridal shower. I used candy melts instead of actual chocolate and had no issues. I actually made them a week in advance and stored them in an airtight container.
Here is a mmf recipe using candy melts http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/2010/11/recipe-red-marshmallow-fondant-mmf.html
You could also use 1/2" foam board. Sometimes the dollar store carries it but I usually buy @ my craft store and I use that 40% coupon. That way it costs about $2.50 for a poster board size piece that I can get 2 12" rounds from. Just cut out with a utility knife and cover with fondant or fancy foil. Hope this helps:D
I have a digital portfolio on my iPad mini and I also use the cake stacker app for iPad & I phone. The app is a quick way to calculate servings and show a visual of cake size/shape. Having a tablet has saved me carrying a bunch of stuff around and I can add a square reader too so I can take payments.
^Ditto
I just did a version of the top cake this weekend. I printed the image out (several copies of the size needed) cut ot the image as a whole. Lightly dust back of paper w/cornstarch then use it as a template to cut your fondant. I use a 50/50 fondant gumpaste blend or fonadant with tylose added so it won't stretch so much. Then use your other paper copies to cut out other colors/ shapes. Think of it like a coloring book picture. Then add your thin layers of color to base...
Good luck! It'll be fine😄
Try researching a SPS system to stack your cakes. I recentlt did a large wedding cake on the hottest day of the year 100+.degrees. The system was really stable ( I did my research on CC)and greatly reduced my worry.
Oh my customer is the very young overwhelmed bride. Problem is MIL, step Mom and every one and there brothers wants to have a say. Bride is not great about returning messages or calls.....I'm sure it will all work out but I WILL NOT deliver 9 hrs or 5 hrs early(that was MIL's idea). It's all paid for so at least that's a plus. :D