Posts by Ersteele

I do cakes as a side hobby though the hobby is growing and growing. I have a Facebook page I recently made to show my cakes. My question is this. Thursday evening someone emailed me abou a smash cake they need made for Saturday am and only want to spend around $10. As many of you understand, I put a lot of time and effort into the cakes, making the fondant getting each detail just right. I take pride in that and I am offended that someone thinks I would be able to do one...
I've never ordered it online but I think it is much easier and cheaper to make it yourself. Plus it tastes much better. I found a marshmallow fondant receipe on here which is my old reliable
Hi all! I am needing help with a cake that was presented to me. They are wanting a two tiered Dr Seuss Cake with pillars to the third tier that will hold a Dr Seuss Hat smash cake. The idea was found a website and the catch is that there is a little figurine on the second tier which gives it a topsy turvy look. From there though the little boy is grabbing onto the 3rd tired to pull it down which gives that level a tipping look as well. I am nervous about all the topsy...
One of the very first cakes I did was a purple and white tye-died looking cake with neon peace signs and a daisy border with peace signs in the center. Towards the front I made a lava lamp. I had orderd some candles from perpetualkid.com. They look like a joint which made it kind of naughty. haha! Although it was a little more 60's. You could do a silohette border of dancers. I'm thinking see the shapes of Saturday night fever hand on hip and pointing in the air...