Posts by Gerle

I personally think your cake looks very nice and it's great kudos for you that they liked it so much there were no leftovers!  A job well done by you!  Thanks for sharing a good moment.
Morgan, do you share your orange ganache recipe?  Sounds delicious!   As to cheesecakes.  My husband was watching Alton Brown's Good Eats show when he was making his cheesecake.  He wanted me to get the recipe and try it.  I did...and ever since, my entire family will ONLY eat cheesecake if it's his recipe!  His says to let it sit in the turned off oven after baking for an hour, then refrigerate overnight.  It is a very, very good cheesecake that has cream cheese and...
So many cute cakes and cupcakes this week.  Everyone put on their best work for their Easter theme!
That's cute Morgan.  Turned out great!
That's a cute Easter cake.  You do a good job for only doing it a few months.  You must have a natural talent for decorating cakes.
Veronica, I agree with Cat....they look sooo good!  All of your cakes look so nice.
That's a cute cake, Ana.  You did a great job.  I've been trying to practice with fondant, too, to get it really smooth and clean.  Haven't had much time lately, but I need to get back to it.  Thanks for sharing your cake...I think it's really cute.
That's what I was thinking, too, Morgan, but since I do purchase from KAF, I was just wondering what their cake flour was like and whether or not I should try it with my next order from them.  Not changing definitely eliminates problems that could crop up changing my regular products, though.
Thanks for the info.  I've seen several done but just haven't taken the time to check into it.  I do like the looks of it, though.  I've especially thought of it for my niece who likes marble cakes.  Thought this would be a cool way to "marble" her cake with yellow and chocolate.   Kinda slow tonight.  I bet everyone is busy getting ready for Easter Sunday.  I got a lemon cake baked and frosted today...nothing special, just frosted and not decorated.  Also am trying my...
Amazing cake, Cat.  I haven't tried tiger stripes inside a cake yet.   One of these days I will.