Posts by Gerle

When I took my first Wilton class - Decorating Basics - my instructor made a batch of buttercream right there in the class and showed us how to make it thinner and thicker to meet whatever consistency we needed for what we were doing. It was really nice to be able to see it and have a better idea of what we were supposed to be striving for in consistency. The other thing she did -- because several of us had never used fondant before -- was bring in small samples of...
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I, too, would like to say thank you to all who have been so very helpful and sharing on this site. I learn more each time I get on this site and have received some wonderful recipes. It's wonderful to find a site like this who has people who are so willing to share their expertise, techniques and wonderful recipes. It makes cake decorating so much more fun!Enjoy your day!!!
Welcome! There are a lot of really talented people on this site who are willing to help by sharing information, recipes and techniques. You'll learn a lot from these people. I've only been decorating cakes for a year now and am a hobby baker who still has a lot to learn, and the sharing on this site is really worth it's weight in gold! Hope to see you here often.
I, too, love the new size of the pics. It was SOOOO hard to see them before. I know my eyes are bad, but those were pretty small. Hope the keep it this size!!
So what are some of the good reasons to invest in this book? I'm a cookbook/recipe fanatic and am curious.....
I, too would like to try your toffee IMBC recipe if you share it. Toffee is my favorite flavor. Thanks in advance.
All4Show, I purchased the DVDs and one of the starter kits and didn't realize the starter kit had the DVDs in it as well, so I have an extra set of the DVDs that I probably won't use, so if they do run short (even on a temporary basis) I have a set someone can have.
Me too! I haven't had a chance to look at them yet as I've been busy baking and decorating a birthday cake. I hope to get a chance this weekend as I have to deliver the cake tomorrow to my sister and we're going to have lunch together as well. So maybe tomorrow afternoon or Saturday. Time will tell, but I'm very excited to finally have them!
Thanks JGMB. I was just going to ask you for the recipe. I can't wait to try this cake!
Personally, I'd go with the 7 qt Cuisinart. I've had it for a year now and it's been wonderful! I love the timer on it and use it often, and I have plenty of room for those extra large batches of buttercream or cake batter. I read a bunch of reviews on KA before purchasing last year, and after reading all I did and hearing some comments from others on CC who had bad experiences with KA, I decided to go with the Cuisinart and haven't regretted it yet. I have one of the...