Posts by Gerle

I'd love to improve my writing on cakes, piping and buttercream roses. Then I'd like to learn how to make fondant/gumpast/modeling chocolate figurines and flowers. Actually, there's so many techniques I'd like to learn that I couldn't list them all here. I have always been intrigued by the Lambeth method. I really love that technique. It isn't done that often any more, but it's still very elegant looking.
Tomswife, looks like there are plenty of us interested in your recipe. Please post or you can PM the recipe. Thanks for being willing to share. Can't wait to try it.
Oops! Doesn't look like an agbay. Pulled it up after I posted. It looks kind of like Fat Daddio's cake leveler, but without the added padding on one end. Kind of funny that they wouldn't use their own leveler in their video.
I've got this set, but haven't tried it yet, so thanks for sharing the information. I have an unrelated question, though. Does anyone know what type of cake leveler she was using? It doesn't look like any of Wilton's that I've seen. Unfortunately, my husband says the agbay is out of the question and not in my future, so am still looking for a better leveler than the ones Wilton has put out to date. the one she was using looks very similar to the agbay (at least what...
Thanks Pam. I'll have to pay a visit to Lowe's.
That's an interesting idea, Jules, but the only problem with a paper towel roll is you can't see what's inside. I like to see what choices I have without taking them all out. I was hoping there was a small, plastic tube-like container that could be used (similar to the tennis ball container). I'm still going to keep looking, but if nothing else, that is a good idea. Thanks for sharing!
I searched for this subject and couldn't seem to find it, so thought I'd check here to see if anyone can share what they store their mini cupcake/muffin wrappers/liners in. I've read about using tennis ball containers for regular-sized cupcake liners, but what do you use for the minis? I've got them in a drawer right now but they go all over the place. I'd like to find something to store them in like I do the regular size ones. Anyone got any ideas?
You can look on youtube. There are a few tutorials there that are pretty good. Just google gumpaste poinsettia tutorial on youtube...it'll give you a few to choose from.
I don't mind the new format so much. It is taking some getting use to, though. I really miss the most current topics on the front page just like most of the CC members, and for some reason today...I can't make a picture my favorite. Seems like the button on the top of the individual photos has been removed. There were lots of problems with the old system so I definitely understand them wanting to make improvements, but with improvements/changes, there is a period of...
Hi. I'm not a pro baker, but I've used lemon curd filling in my cupcakes before and didn't refrigerate them after being filled. No one has gotten sick, and they still tasted fine. Since you're just talking about overnight, I don't think it's going to hurt anything. I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will let us know, but as I said I've done it before without problems.